Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Cheap and Reliable Set-Up

Cheap and Reliable Set-Up
« on: December 08, 2015, 01:17:38 pm »
I want a cheap and reliable set-up for just my room. I want to be able to turn on the lights and TV. Does anyone one have a good solution for this? I need to know all the things I would have to buy?

Re: Cheap and Reliable Set-Up
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 01:39:45 pm »
look into the harmony hub for your tv and wemo or hue products your lighting needs.

Re: Cheap and Reliable Set-Up
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 07:38:38 am »
I have the Harmony hub, in-wall GE Z-Wave Smart Dimmer switches (12724), and a SmartThings hub. I control my TV (just on/off activities) with the Amazon Echo through IFTTT, using the Amazon Alexa and Harmony channels. I control the light switches through SmartThings (once you add them to SmartThings, you just ask the Echo to discover them). I also have some Hue lights, which have direct integration with the Echo. If you don't care about changing the color of the lights, I think the GE light switches are great. I have 12 of them throughout the house and haven't had any issues with them.