Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Tell me to wait for the new Echos coming up before ordering

Tell me to wait for the new Echos coming up before ordering
« on: October 01, 2017, 05:17:08 am »
Hello everyone,

First post here :)
First of all, I live in France, where the Echos are not sold yet.
I already own 2 Google Home (one in my bedroom and one in my living room) and I'm very happy with them. I use it to listen to music, radios, and I'm also using it to turn on my lights around the house. They work great, everything is in french.
But I'm a geek :D
So I got an Echo Dot when I went for a week-end in London, and I have installed it and I'm testing it since I came back. And I really like it too. I paired it with my Yeelight bulbs and my TP-Link devices. Ok, everything is in english, but I don't care. The Dot works really well too. So far, I love both devices, Home and Dot.
But... I'd love to test the Echo one full as well. The big one.
And my question is: shouldn't I wait for the new ones that are going to be sold at the end of the month, or do you think they won't make a big difference with the one being sold right now? Or maybe once they are available, the "old" one might be sold cheaper? And that would be a better choice?
I can wait, but...
Ah, if you think this post is not where it should be, then I'll erase it, no problem. I don't want to start a war, or a troll. I'm just really excited with those devices, so...

Thanx for your responses :)
Cheers,

mike27oct

Re: Tell me to wait for the new Echos coming up before ordering
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 01:35:20 pm »
I can give you a US answer -- you might have better luck in the UK forums here.

There is also a new GH mini coming.  Amazon is selling current Dots in "blow-out bundles".In US, anyway. so check UK site for deals.  As for waiting for new Dot:  I have a few Dots and the new one is not "improved" enough for me to want to buy one' especially at full price..

asianrocker

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 09:44:57 am »
I don't know why you would want another one. I honestly don't get why you would want all kinds of AI in your house. But if you really must. I would buy the one with built-in hub coz duh. That's what it's for. To control your house ✋ free.

And I honestly would want them for myself but I already have one. The one with no hub.  :'(

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 12:00:06 pm »
Well I want another one, the newer one coming up, that I'll set up in my living room, while the other one, the DOT, sits in my bedroom.
I was thinking of getting the "normal" echo, not the Plus, because the next thing I'm going to buy will be the Philips Hue Bridge. If I'm not mistaken, the Google Home doesn't have a hub so I'll need the Philips one to manage the Hue lights. The Echo "normal" will be enough then, right? No need for the Plus, if I'm not wrong. I wouldn't use its hub, correct?

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 03:16:46 pm »
Well I want another one, the newer one coming up, that I'll set up in my living room, while the other one, the DOT, sits in my bedroom.
I was thinking of getting the "normal" echo, not the Plus, because the next thing I'm going to buy will be the Philips Hue Bridge. If I'm not mistaken, the Google Home doesn't have a hub so I'll need the Philips one to manage the Hue lights. The Echo "normal" will be enough then, right? No need for the Plus, if I'm not wrong. I wouldn't use its hub, correct?

they claim you will not need the hue app or hub if you got the new echo but you will still need them for the google home. however, unless they revamp the alexa app, you may still need the hub and app if you want to use your hue remotely.  amazon really had not said anything about it yet.  so, imo, what you are doing is good. 

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 04:21:56 am »
@renegade600: thank you for your reply :)
I'm glad you think that my choice is valid, I wouldn't want to spend the wrong way :)
Can't wait to get the new Echo :)