Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon Music App is updated and very cool

Laurel

Amazon Music App is updated and very cool
« on: September 26, 2017, 06:14:28 pm »
Take a look at the updated Amazon Music app as it is updated with a voice alexa feature.  It is so cool!  I often walk my dogs and use my android Samsung Note 8 as a transistor radio as I bop along on a secluded stretch with my pups.  Now I can just press Alexa on the app and ask for songs.  I love it.  PS I'm in Canada and we can't get Alexa app or Amazon Music without side loading apk apps.  Pure had the new app.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 07:54:38 pm by Laurel »

Re: Amazon Music App is update and very cool
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 07:01:06 pm »
I saw that just a few minutes ago... looks pretty decent for a change.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Beetle-Snake

Re: Amazon Music App is updated and very cool
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 05:22:49 am »
its pretty cool but I wish they would update the Alexa app so you can select albums and songs not in 'My Music' and play them through your Echo or Dot - sometimes you don't want to shout across the room or from one room to another to play or skip a track.

k9kids

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 07:26:51 am »
Even better on a tablet because you can turn on x-ray lyrics which gives you all the words to the song. Like the Echo Show.

jimsparky

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 11:16:52 am »
This makes Alexa really go anywhere.
You can ask Alexa to start playing music in the car,
 as long as you are parked of course.As you still have to tap the screen to acivate Alexa
Also all of Alexas functions and skills can be used from Alexa in the Amazon music android app on your phone.

samsethi

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 06:55:56 am »
Hi

I tried the new Alexa on Amazon Music all good but when out and about with headphones it would be great to trigger Alexa by voice rather than tap the Alexa button to then speak which sort of defeats the point a little.

Sam

Maniac

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 08:48:32 am »
its pretty cool but I wish they would update the Alexa app so you can select albums and songs not in 'My Music' and play them through your Echo or Dot - sometimes you don't want to shout across the room or from one room to another to play or skip a track.

THIS.

I can do this with Spotify connect and miss the function in the amazon music app. Seems silly you can push out to the TV or whatever but it doesn’t support its own echo hardware from the phone app.

iolinux333

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 08:38:08 pm »
Anyone see location settings for Alexa in the music app?  She thinks she's in Seattle. I'm no where near Seattle.

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2017, 07:33:47 am »
Anyone see location settings for Alexa in the music app?  She thinks she's in Seattle. I'm no where near Seattle.

No... Maybe she touches base with the Other Alexa and Amazon apps and one of yours is off a little... ??? Just a thought... can you tell us how you know it thinks you're in Seattle?
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

k9kids

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2017, 08:13:10 am »
Check device location setting in the app.

StevenR

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2017, 11:44:57 am »

If you open the Alexa app or website and go to Settings you should see a new device has appeared there which will probably be something like "Name's Amazon App" - that's what it was for me, I wonder if this is actually shared with the Amazon Shopping app. If you click on that you should be able to change the time zone and address to the correct ones so that Alexa knows where you are.

iolinux333

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2017, 07:22:08 am »

No... Maybe she touches base with the Other Alexa and Amazon apps and one of yours is off a little... ??? Just a thought... can you tell us how you know it thinks you're in Seattle?

1. Alexa weather.

2.  Alexa where are we

iolinux333

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2017, 07:24:58 am »

If you open the Alexa app or website and go to Settings you should see a new device has appeared there which will probably be something like "Name's Amazon App" - that's what it was for me, I wonder if this is actually shared with the Amazon Shopping app. If you click on that you should be able to change the time zone and address to the correct ones so that Alexa knows where you are.

The Amazon shopping app's settings are not carrying over to the music app. There's no listing in the Alexa app under settings for the music app.

StevenR

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2017, 11:04:50 am »

The Amazon shopping app's settings are not carrying over to the music app. There's no listing in the Alexa app under settings for the music app.

I didn't have the Amazon App showing in Alexa (I'm in the UK and the Amazon Shopping Android app didn't support Alexa in UK English) until I installed the Amazon Music app. Changing the timezone for this changed the time I got when I asked Alexa for the time in Amazon Music.

iolinux333

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2017, 12:12:35 am »

I didn't have the Amazon App showing in Alexa (I'm in the UK and the Amazon Shopping Android app didn't support Alexa in UK English) until I installed the Amazon Music app. Changing the timezone for this changed the time I got when I asked Alexa for the time in Amazon Music.

That worked!!