Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

I recently got an Echo along with a WiFi Plug

zarek

I recently got an Echo along with a WiFi Plug
« on: September 12, 2017, 09:32:40 pm »
I am able to turn on and off lights by saying "Echo, Turn On Light" or "Echo, Turn off Light."

I am trying to learn a new language, so I want to say: "Licht aandoen". Is it possible to make Echo act a certain way without saying "turn on/turn off"? I mean, could I just say "Echo, Lights".?

iolinux333

Re: I recently got an Echo along with a WiFi Plug
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 01:34:19 am »
I am able to turn on and off lights by saying "Echo, Turn On Light" or "Echo, Turn off Light."

I am trying to learn a new language, so I want to say: "Licht aandoen". Is it possible to make Echo act a certain way without saying "turn on/turn off"? I mean, could I just say "Echo, Lights".?

IFTTT will let you do this, except you have to always add the word "trigger."

Also you can write your own skill if you have some programming ability.

Re: I recently got an Echo along with a WiFi Plug
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 07:48:42 am »

Echo works off of key words... so I learned early on that to turn off lights, I can abbreviate the command to "Alexa, bedroom lights off" instead of the whole sentence... but you still have to identify which lights if you have more than one... I have one in the corner I command "Alexa, Corner light ON"... and it works great as well.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!