Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Shopping list: how to add more than one item in one request

Offline M1n1fan

• Pay It Forward!
Shopping list: how to add more than one item in one request
« on: November 07, 2015, 05:21:33 pm »
Is there a way to add more than one item to the shopping list (I wish there were a way to have more than one shopping list. But that's a subject of another post.) in one request, i.e  "Alexa, add beans and bacon to my shopping list". If I request that now (and did) I get one line that is "beans bacon". She needs to recognize the 'and' and create another entry.

Re: Shopping list: how to add more than one item in one request
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 03:07:12 am »
I do not believe there is any way to do this.

Offline M1n1fan

• Pay It Forward!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 08:09:50 am »
I do not believe there is any way to do this.
Thanks. Well, there should be.  :) Ways that this could be done: recognize "and", "comma", or "new line". I don't think this is brain surgery. I'm pretty sure an app on my android phone used for a notepad does something similar.

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 03:49:22 pm »
When I was there they had no desire to do such complex queries. Just the simple multi-part ones of "I have a question" were difficult. Also remember that Amazon cut the funding for the project considerably just before release.

Offline M1n1fan

• Pay It Forward!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 06:04:24 pm »
...Also remember that Amazon cut the funding for the project considerably just before release.
Thanks for the info. I'm brand new to echo. Wonderful to know that I bought a product that's only going receive half hearted support. A shame, since the platform seems to have so much potential.