Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Newbie Question re Amazon Prime Music

megc

Newbie Question re Amazon Prime Music
« on: August 13, 2017, 01:22:32 pm »
Recently purchased an Echo and quickly thereafter, a Dot.  Use both of them primarily for music and the occasional "How's my commute?"  and "What's the weather?". 

I am an Amazon Prime member.  I'm sure this will sound like a stupid question but I am not very tech savvy:  Does Alexa know I'm a Prime subscriber?  I want to be sure I am taking full advantage of Amazon Prime Music, but I seem to be getting a lot of samples instead of songs. 

I have accessed my Pandora account via Alexa, but I want to be sure I'm getting the most out of Alexa. 

mike27oct

Re: Newbie Question re Amazon Prime Music
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 03:30:15 pm »
There is only limited songs available with the free Prime music.  See Amazon website for how to PAY for full access.  Gotcha!

Laurel

Re: Newbie Question re Amazon Prime Music
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 04:31:02 pm »
I will present the flip side of the coin on Prime Music.  I love it. It comes with my Prime membership, and I don't bother buying Prime Unlimited.  Alexa will indeed recognize your Prime Music, but you need to go to Prime Music and make some free playlists.  I have 7 playlists from Prime with lots of great music. I have downloaded the Echo favorities, made several album playlists from different singers.  Make the playlist, download, and it will show up on My Music Library on Alexa.  It is great. I also have the Amazon Music app to listen to all the same playlists on my android phone.