Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

my new DOT will play only a sample of certain songs that i request. why?

digad1229

My new DOT is a dream come true. Any song i want to hear-at a moments notice. However, a couple of my requests not been given to me as a sample line of the song only, and will not play the song. Are some songs barred from play for copyright reasons?  di

malliekm

Are you using Amazon Prime Music OR Amazon Prime Music UNLIMITED?  You should have one free month of Unlimited. I only got the sample music snippets when my Unlimited freebie month was over.

My new DOT is a dream come true. Any song i want to hear-at a moments notice. However, a couple of my requests not been given to me as a sample line of the song only, and will not play the song. Are some songs barred from play for copyright reasons?  di

because the song is one you will have to buy.   not all songs are free.   

digad1229

Thanks on the info on the fact that, the DOT does not play all songs on request. How does one go about buying a song for the Dot? How do you pay for your song? I inherited the Dot, no manual. Thanks for all input...

Alpha Bitch

How does one go about buying a song for the Dot? How do you pay for your song? I inherited the Dot, no manual. Thanks for all input...
Go to the technical support for instructions:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201399130 and/or call them:  1-877-375-9365

mike27oct

There is no manual for Alexa gadgets other than the Quick Start Guide.  There IS a manual only at Amazon; click on Help tab on main web page,go to Devices and find your device.  Begin reading.

I hope the Dot is registered for YOUR amazon account and no one other's.