Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Please Help w/ Pairing Echo Dot to Pioneer VSK 920 receiver

Quadzilla

Hello Everyone,   I'm hoping I can get some help pairing my Amazon echo Dot  to my Pioneer VSK 920 receiver which has a Bluetooth adapter. According to the receiver's manual, I should enter pairing mode and select a PIN number which was 0000 and then the word "pairing" started flashing on the receivers display. Then, from within the Alexa app, I selected pair a new device and eventually the receivers  adapter name appeared on my Alexa app screen.  However, I was never  prompted  for the 4 digit PIN.  The words "Echo Dot" Did appear on my receivers display and I was able to hear some of Alexas voice from the stereo speakers but it skipped a lot and when I asked her to play music, the color ring flashed blue and green for several seconds then stopped but I heard no music. Also, when I tried to select a song from within the Alexa app to play, I got in error message saying my Alexa device was not connected to a  network  and to plug it in and  connect it to Wi Fi. Is this normal behavior? When its connected the through Bluetooth it cannot be connected via Wi-Fi? FYI, my receiver and my Echo Dot device are in separate rooms but are only  approximately 12 feet apart. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

mike27oct

Re: Please Help w/ Pairing Echo Dot to Pioneer VSK 920 receiver
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 04:16:18 pm »
Your Dot and RX are too far apart to pair.  Unplug the Dot and take it in same room as RX and have them a few feet apart.  Now try to pair/connect them.  Once paired/connected you can return the Dot to its previous location. If you are prompted for a PIN, I believe that Dot instructions say it will not connect to BT if a PIN is required.

Check instructions at Amazon Help section on front main page of amazon.com

asianrocker

Re: Please Help w/ Pairing Echo Dot to Pioneer VSK 920 receiver
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 09:32:58 am »
Most of the time, you have to try several times for BT connection to work. And once you give up or forget about it... TADA. It works. LOL. I did google though. There is like this universal BT adapter more like alexa compatible one that I saw on amazon for external speakers.

All I can say is, you are better off looking for BT 4.0 I bought one for cheap for my laptop and it worked instantly. NO installation too.