Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Dot with no NPR News

grantkb

Dot with no NPR News
« on: July 13, 2017, 05:49:24 pm »
I have contacted alexa support, have a case number but no help.  I keep getting a voice message the NPR News is not available now.  I sometimes get a similar message for BBC News.  Several reboots, software update, enabling, disabling, promises to call me back I almost finished with Amazon.  Suggestions on how to get the Flash Breifing to provide NPR news instead of a message that it not available.  Have had problem for about six weeks.

malliekm

Re: Dot with no NPR News
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 06:14:36 pm »
I don't have an answer but the same thing happened to my mother with the Fox News skill.  It fixed itself several weeks later.  My Google Home won't play Fox News at all even though it says "here's the latest from Fox News". 

Alpha Bitch

Re: Dot with no NPR News
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 02:34:14 pm »
Several reboots, software update, enabling, disabling, promises to call me back I almost finished with Amazon. 
Disconnect your DOT for 5 minutes.  See if that works.  I have 7 NPR Flash Briefing skills & they all are working just fine.
There are various NPR skills.  You don't indicate which one you have.  If you have not already done so, try them all.  Keep the ones that work.  It's possible you have a "dud."