Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Bluetooth Playback Control - Amazon Music on my Windows 10 computer?

jrw9

I play music from my Windows 10 computer, as the connection to my stereo is better.  I have seen various articles about using an Echo for Playback Control on mobile devices, but not for computers.  Does anyone know if this is possible? I have an Echo Dot (2nd generation), and I can pair this to the bluetooth on my Windows 10 computer.  I would like to control the playback of the Amazon Music application on my computer.
Thanks - James

joshsimpson79

Re: Bluetooth Playback Control - Amazon Music on my Windows 10 computer?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 11:05:18 am »
I play music from my Windows 10 computer, as the connection to my stereo is better.  I have seen various articles about using an Echo for Playback Control on mobile devices, but not for computers.  Does anyone know if this is possible? I have an Echo Dot (2nd generation), and I can pair this to the bluetooth on my Windows 10 computer.  I would like to control the playback of the Amazon Music application on my computer.
Thanks - James

If I'm understanding you correctly, I have done this with my PC.  I can't remember if there is a Windows 10 Alexa app, or if I used an alexa.amazon.com page, but it did work.

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 01:19:33 pm »
There is an Alexa "app" for any computer since the website for the Alexa app controls is alexa.amazon.com ; try this.

asianrocker

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 05:39:36 pm »
On the Alexa app you can link your amazon music account and can control that to any speaker you're connected to.

At least in theory I believe that's how it works?