Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Refurbished Dots for $30

joshsimpson79

Re: Refurbished Dots for $30
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 03:33:14 pm »
Well those didn't last long.  :o  Not that I really needed anther one, but it's nice to have an extra on hand for another room or a gift.

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 05:36:09 pm »
Not a big deal since new ones on sale cost $39.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 07:58:50 pm by mike27oct »

malliekm

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 06:13:25 pm »
That's too bad.  I never thought of them running out of inventory. 

Mike, the Dot isn't on sale on my screen.  It might be for Prime Day
but not right now.  And $10 is $10!  Just like when it's on sale for $40 vs $50.
A $30 Dot was a good deal.  I didn't get one because I don't need another
AI. 

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 08:09:49 pm »
I did not say that new ones were on sale now, but when on sale, they are $39.  Anyway a new one for $10 more than a "refurbished one" is not so bad; what exactly does refurbished mean?  Marketing uses this nebulous term to mean a lot of things for "not new", such as returned units that appear to work fine, or even repaired units.  I don't ever buy "refurbished", returned, or "used" items except in rare circumstances. It's just "my thing".

malliekm

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 10:07:16 pm »
You're right, you didn't. My bad. As for refurbished I don't buy refurbished either but I've been told that they are better because they've been given a once-over buy a technician. I don't buy it.

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 04:59:07 am »
a lot of people swear by refurbish.   a dot - I might if I needed one.  the thing about refurbished is it is the lock of the draw.  too many return their devices because they just don't know how to use it. 

I remember years ago when working at walmart electronics.  too many were renting camcorders, cameras and such.  they would return devices because they forgot the password, and some returned devices because they were too stupid to read and follow the instructions.  most returned item were sent back to where ever and were eventually sold as refurbished. 

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 07:54:03 am »
20 plus years ago, I was a "sort" agent for Alpine Car Audio returns. I tested all functions and verified any complaints and repackaged equipment for resale. I had a huge inventory of Manuals and Packing boxes that were obviously different than the original packing, Replacement remote controls, CD Changer magazines, Face Plates and a bunch of other bits... most of the time, the returns were due to people buying them to take the part they wanted and return the rest to a Customer service rep that couldn't tell what was missing. Once in a great while someone returned an item due to an actual defect. Defects were VERY rare. (The Sort job was once a month for 2 days at a Circuit City Distribution center in Ardmore Oklahoma... I live in Dallas and did back then as well).

I am a huge fan of Refurb and even "open box" on most electronics due to my experience with Alpine and Circuit City.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

mike27oct