Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon partnering with Motorola to add Alexa Moto Mod

k9kids

Amazon partnering with Motorola to add Alexa Moto Mod
« on: July 04, 2017, 06:42:28 am »
Great, something else I'll have to buy now. ;D

They should also team with JBL to integrate Alexa into the already fantastic JBL Soundboost Moto Mod.

"At its Mobile World Congress keynote, Amazon’s Director of Alexa Voice Service Jon Kirk announced that it would partner with Motorola to create a speaker Moto Mod that essentially turns your phone into a portable Amazon Echo. In a concept video, the Mod is stuck to the back of a Moto Z, and users can place their phone screen side down to use it as a speaker. It’ll even have the blue ombre glow around the edges to let you know when you’ve activated Alexa. The Alexa Moto Mod is expected to launch later this year".

mike27oct

Re: Amazon partnering with Motorola to add Alexa Moto Mod
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 01:39:27 pm »
>>>   turns your phone into a portable Amazon Echo.

An important feature for ANY phone.  Really, why are we held captive to using our Alexa devices to communicate with Alexa? This has never made sense, and more so today with all the tricks Alexa can do. Alexa is too housebound.

When riding in a car, I can ask iPhone's Siri What's the temperature, and it answers.  Alexa says nothing.  When the Roger app was active with Alexa it could reply to some simple questions including the traffic briefing.  Too bad Roger is history w/Alexa.  Amazon needs to step up and make Alexa truly mobile for the app on our phones.

k9kids

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 03:15:49 pm »
Agree about being housebound.

I did go to the trouble of hooking up a Dot in my car, but it is a convoluted way of doing things.

Plus when you hook up the Dot then the phone doesn't work.

I'll keep waiting for Alexa to evolve into the be-all tech we all want.

malliekm

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 03:46:05 pm »
Agree about being housebound.

I did go to the trouble of hooking up a Dot in my car, but it is a convoluted way of doing things.

Plus when you hook up the Dot then the phone doesn't work.

I'll keep waiting for Alexa to evolve into the be-all tech we all want.

THANK YOU!  So glad I read this about the phone not working when you hook up Alexa (in the car).
That's a deal breaker.  And before anyone chastises me for talking on the phone while driving, My Ford Flex
has an 8 inch screen and hands free calling.  I just push a button on the steering wheel to call someone or answer a call.  I know, it's still somewhat of a distraction.  If I get a text, I have various options from which to choose.  "Listen" is one of them.  I'm guessing most cars do this by now tho.

malliekm

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 03:52:59 pm »
>>>   turns your phone into a portable Amazon Echo.

An important feature for ANY phone.  Really, why are we held captive to using our Alexa devices to communicate with Alexa? This has never made sense, and more so today with all the tricks Alexa can do. Alexa is too housebound.

When riding in a car, I can ask iPhone's Siri What's the temperature, and it answers.  Alexa says nothing.  When the Roger app was active with Alexa it could reply to some simple questions including the traffic briefing.  Too bad Roger is history w/Alexa.  Amazon needs to step up and make Alexa truly mobile for the app on our phones.

My car has a temperature readout on the 8" screen :)  However, I DO find myself thinking my high tech car isn't as high tech now that I have Alexa and Google Home.   For some reason, I seem to think of a gazillion questions when I get in the car!  :o