Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

echo home intercom set up

kisby

echo home intercom set up
« on: July 02, 2017, 11:22:05 am »
I have set up my home echoes correctly for intercom. All of my echoes have the drop-in switch turned on. I have several echoes including two shows, multiple dots, and one tower. When I tell the Echo to "call kitchen" the kitchen echo rings with a sound which I can answer. However, when I tell the Echo to drop in on the kitchen I get a recorded message that tells me to enable the drop-in feature. But, drop-in features already enabled! What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

restamp

Re: echo home intercom set up
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 11:57:06 am »
Have you given yourself "drop in" permissions?  Click on the conversation icon (middle bottom of Alexa app).  Is there a blue "Drop In" bar at the top of the page?  If not, click on the torso icon to the right of "Conversations", select yourself ("My Profile") and turn on "Contact can Drop In anytime".

kisby

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 01:05:21 pm »
that worked!  Thank you!

fstbusa

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 01:30:09 pm »
Have you given yourself "drop in" permissions?  Click on the conversation icon (middle bottom of Alexa app).  Is there a blue "Drop In" bar at the top of the page?  If not, click on the torso icon to the right of "Conversations", select yourself ("My Profile") and turn on "Contact can Drop In anytime".

Thank you!!!! I was having the same problem but couldn't figure out what they were asking me to do.... they also have a drop in setting for each device.