Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

SiriusXM

k9kids

SiriusXM
« on: June 27, 2017, 05:09:34 pm »
The SiriusXM skill works like a champ. Or as they say in the UK, works a treat.  ;D
Very easy to link your existing SiriusXM account.

I listen to music from many sources and glad they added this.

Will be interesting to see how well it plays with my Amazon Show.

Laurel

Re: SiriusXM
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 07:27:20 pm »
The SiriusXM skill works like a champ. Or as they say in the UK, works a treat.  ;D
Very easy to link your existing SiriusXM account.

I listen to music from many sources and glad they added this.

Will be interesting to see how well it plays with my Amazon Show.

Are you in the UK?  I am in Canada and it won't work with Canadian SiriusXM.

malliekm

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 08:46:44 pm »
I only have Sirius in my car so I'm guessing this won't work?  Not a big deal if it doesn't.  There are only so many "features" a person can handle in a day.  I'm about to become overwhelmed LOL ;)

k9kids

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 08:59:13 pm »
In the US.

You have to pay extra for streaming from SiriusXM in order to link your account.

Only cost $4.00 a month to do so.

My 91 year old mother enjoys being able to tell Alexa to play 60's on 6. That's worth $4.00 right there. Being blind she
enjoys simple pleasures. She has also listened to over 150 Audible books on her Echos.

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 11:02:06 pm »
Sirius,wants to nickel and dime it's paying customers and sell a la carte.  Surprised they don't also sell left and right channel separately. They can stick it.  There are other options other than them.  From what we hear in the car, they are not that special that we can't live without it in the house.

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 07:43:51 am »
Sirius,wants to nickel and dime it's paying customers and sell a la carte.

I know what you mean with this statement... But, I think it's crazy that we all complain about the "Package" crap with Cable/satellite TV. For Years folks have been complaining that we don't get to choose just the channels we want... I'm not baggin' on *you* Mike... I know 3 others who have said essentially the same thing about Sirius Radio... Damned if you do, Damned if you don't I guess, is my point...

To be transparent about it all... The only subscription of entertainment programming in my life is Netflix... we just don't watch much TV or listen to much radio at my house. The In-Laws watch TV all day and complain about the lack of access to what they want to watch... but won't pony up to have any type of service since we provide Netflix at no charge... We have antenna access to some local channels for daily watching of Family Feud or whatever the flavor of the day is for them (for almost a whole year we had M*A*S*H* for an hour and a half every night... EVERY night. Crazy)
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

dan8379

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 12:24:31 pm »
I'm loving the Sirius/XM integration, but I have found that when playing internet only stations that they offer (and there are some great ones) Alexa usually stops after one or two songs and says she is having trouble playing the requested music.  This never happens on the "normal" XM stations. 

k9kids

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 01:38:40 pm »
I've noticed that on a couple of occasions also.

Keeping an eye on it.

lronglien

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2017, 07:51:36 pm »
Does anyone know how to make it play on more than one Echo device?  Or, how to add a second Sirius XM online account to a different Echo device?