Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

New Yellow Light Ring

malliekm

New Yellow Light Ring
« on: June 16, 2017, 02:23:55 pm »

Re: New Yellow Light Ring
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 07:59:21 pm »
not another color 

sɹoloɔ ǝɥʇ llɐ ɥʇᴉʍ ʎzɐɹɔ ǝɯ ǝʌᴉɹp oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ǝɹɐ ʎǝɥʇ

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 10:46:38 pm »
>>>  (I said above) I think the yellow light ring has been there since the new calling feature began. 

On the otherhand, maybe the light was green at the beginning.  All these colors are driving ME crazy.  Especially the revolving colorful dots on my new Google Home that's in place of the Echo light ring.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 01:39:20 am by mike27oct »

iolinux333

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 01:12:22 am »
not another color 

Lol lol lol lololol

malliekm

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 02:22:23 am »
not another color 

I think I have a problem.  That upside down and backwards text was waaay too easy to read :o
Earlier today while my grandson and I were playing with Alexa, I'm 99% sure I saw her flash a yellow ring.
It was just a quick flash but I'm almost certain it was yellow.  A few minutes later, my grandson said it did it again. 

malliekm

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 02:25:26 am »
>>>  (I said above) I think the yellow light ring has been there since the new calling feature began. 

On the otherhand, maybe the light was green at the beginning.  All these colors are driving ME crazy.  Especially the revolving colorful dots on my new Google Home that's in place of the Echo light ring.

I love color :D  I never saw a yellow ring with the calling and messaging feature.  It was/is shamrock green.

mike27oct

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2017, 03:32:18 am »
I may never see this color, since we consider the calling feature "fluff", because we have a real telephone.

jim1590

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 09:31:56 am »
What if someone is color blind?

mindmagic

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 05:56:18 am »
I am slightly colour blind but I have no problem with the bright colours on the Echo or Dot. It's tiny red/green lights, on charging devices, for example - which drive me mad.