Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon Echo items on sale

k9kids

Amazon Echo items on sale
« on: June 13, 2017, 11:30:50 am »
Here's some info about what's on sale.

Android Central: Let your dad tell Alexa how thrifty you are when you get a deal on an Amazon Echo or Tap. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIw_6TvkDU

iolinux333

Re: Amazon Echo items on sale
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 06:20:07 pm »
I'd buy another Tap if they have it full functionality.   Having to call it "Alexa" instead of my preferred wake word is annoying. 

I'm also waiting to see it Apple's offering has speakerphone.

If the HomePod or whatever it is can do that, and Echo still cannot, I'll give my money to Apple instead.

Amazon withholding speakerphone capability tells me they have some seriously stupid person in management.

Re: Amazon Echo items on sale
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 07:56:09 am »
I'd buy another Tap if they have it full functionality.   Having to call it "Alexa" instead of my preferred wake word is annoying. 

I'm also waiting to see it Apple's offering has speakerphone.

If the HomePod or whatever it is can do that, and Echo still cannot, I'll give my money to Apple instead.

Amazon withholding speakerphone capability tells me they have some seriously stupid person in management.

I almost agree... but I can certainly understand *some* issues with security and authentication with true phone capabilities  on Echo. I see lots of hacking possibilities on it and I'm not a hacker type at all... I could see Apple spending more time with the Phone option due to their direction in life already. iPhone is Life to them. No iPhone, No life...
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!