Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Do you play games on your Echo?

vertolab

Do you play games on your Echo?
« on: June 01, 2017, 09:11:41 am »
Hi :)

Since Amazon doesn't provide a way for developers to interact with their users, I came here to hear from users of Alexa. Do you play games on your Alexa devices? If you do, what type of games do you play? If not, why?

Disclosure: I wrote Categories Game:
https://www.amazon.com/Verto-Lab-Categories-Game/dp/B06XPFGBMW/

malliekm

Re: Do you play games on your Echo?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 01:22:59 pm »
Not often but when I do it's 20 Questions or Akinator.

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 04:32:16 pm »
Nope!

AlanH

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 04:44:41 pm »
Occasionally Global Thermonuclear War.

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 06:05:06 pm »
Hi :)

Since Amazon doesn't provide a way for developers to interact with their users, I came here to hear from users of Alexa. Do you play games on your Alexa devices? If you do, what type of games do you play? If not, why?

actually amazon does have a discussion section for users.  there are several but one is

https://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_pg_oldest?_encoding=UTF8&authToken=&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=1&cdSort=newest&cdThread=Tx20BQ8KTGP9S3Z

jim1590

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 08:35:47 am »
Occasionally Global Thermonuclear War.

Not Tic-Tac-Toe?

vertolab

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 08:27:30 pm »
actually amazon does have a discussion section for users.  there are several but one is

https://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_pg_oldest?_encoding=UTF8&authToken=&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=1&cdSort=newest&cdThread=Tx20BQ8KTGP9S3Z

Thanks for pointing that out. But it looks like a hijacked thread on the Kindle section, not a dedicated Alexa section. It's harder to navigate and maintain a separate subject per thread that way. But I'll try to get some feedback on there too.

vertolab

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 08:29:25 pm »
Nope!
Care to elaborate? Not the right interface for you? Don't have the time? Just didn't think about it?

Offline kevb

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 09:15:21 am »
I do not use the Echo to play games. I guess it's just not the right interface for me- I'd rather play a video game or do a crossword. I use the echo for music, home automation, weather, alarms, timers, etc. but most of the other skills (including games) don't interest me.

vertolab

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 08:26:39 am »
I do not use the Echo to play games. I guess it's just not the right interface for me- I'd rather play a video game or do a crossword. I use the echo for music, home automation, weather, alarms, timers, etc. but most of the other skills (including games) don't interest me.

What if you had the Echo Show? It'll probably make the interaction more fun and streamlined for gaming, don't you think?

coyote

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2017, 08:55:59 am »
The only 'video' games I play are chess and solitaire. Echo is a pretty bad interface for those....  though it strikes me that with chess, if you could further interface it to, say, Android tv, you could watch the game on the big screen as you play it from your couch. After it moves and announces its move, you could then say "knight to c3" and it could move the piece.