Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Introducing My New Google Home and Question

Introducing My New Google Home and Question
« on: May 19, 2017, 11:57:45 pm »
I've been wanting to be a part of this forum for a long time.  It's pretty slow but Google is announcing big changes every day (keeping up with Amazon's daily announcements) so maybe it will pick up around here :)  Three Echo Dots and one GH and three TP-Link smart outlet minis.

Question:  Can both AIs operate the same smart outlets?  The only reason I can think of that I'd ever need to use GH to operate my smart outlets is if TP-Link's servers went down (again).  So for instance, can my bedroom lamp turn on and off with Alexa OR Google Home?  GH doesn't show TP to be compatible but I know it is.

Re: Introducing My New Google Home and Question
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 01:53:29 am »
I cannot think of a reason why you cannot use both if the device is compatible with both.  does the echo work when the tp-link servers are down?  If not, then gh most likely will not either.  but there is one way to find out  :-)

Re: Introducing My New Google Home and Question
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 02:02:11 am »
I cannot think of a reason why you cannot use both if the device is compatible with both.  does the echo work when the tp-link servers are down?  If not, then gh most likely will not either.  but there is one way to find out  :-)

Echo worked but the TP devices did not.
I apparently wasn't thinking  ???  If the TP-Link server is down, neither AI is going to work the smart plugs. 
Time to go to bed!  ::)