Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo notifications

RobertinHerts

Echo notifications
« on: May 17, 2017, 03:25:12 pm »
I believe we may be offered Echo notifications 'soon'. However I wouldn't want its chime to wake me up. I hope we get more than just a manual on/off function.

http://www.androidauthority.com/notifications-soon-coming-alexa-powered-devices-772599/

Nathan

Re: Echo notifications
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 07:06:40 pm »
Will that be just TTS audio notifications? Or full push notifications so we can start making Alexa skills that aren't a complete waste of time.

malliekm

Re: Echo notifications
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 09:46:17 pm »
I read this earlier today.  It mentions the app Life360, which my husband and I both currently use, but I'm not finding a Life360 skill (yet). 

This has already been possible for quite some time with the help of the Mastermind Skill.  If I hear my phone ring or sound a notification and my phone isn't near, all I do is ask Alexa to "ask Mastermind what was that?"  Alexa will tell me my last notification.  Or I can ask Alexa to ask Mastermind to read my notifications.  I can tell Alexa to ask Mastermind to send a text message (or email or make a phone call).  All hands free and except for the phone call, cell phone free.  When I wake up in the morning, instead of trying to read a screen with blurry morning eyeballs, I say "Alexa, ask Mastermind for my update".  I'll get battery charge  info, emails, texts, news and weather (maybe missed phone calls too).  I just tried the feature of asking Alexa to "ask Mastermind who's calling".  I hadn't tried it till now.  My husband called my cell phone and Alexa told me who was calling.

Amazon has sure been busy lately!  Google Home is trying to play catch-up.  I'm getting daily emails (or reading daily tech articles) about both adding more and more to their AIs.