Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Poll

How many Echo Shows have you pre-ordered or do you plan to get?

8 (50%)
5 (31.3%)
3 (18.8%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
5 or more
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

How many Echo Shows have you pre-ordered or do you plan to get?

I'm just wondering how many Echo Shows you all plan on getting (if any). :)

I'm getting at least one to start with (to see how much I like it and how useful it is to me) so that's what I voted for.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 05:33:50 pm by PaulKTF »
-Paul.

Re: How many Echo Shows have you pre-ordered or do you plan to get?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 06:49:29 pm »
I voted Zero...  just can't see any real useful gain for me, as I use my echo products for control of other things, not my browsing and video communication. I'm running Mac Book Pro and use that for most video stuff... occasionally the iPhone too... I don't want "another" device to do these things with... I already have a handful of Echo's to manage as well.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Laurel

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 11:25:31 pm »
 I have ordered two Echo Show units.  I bought my Echo on pre-order and it was one of my best Amazon purchases.  I love Alexa!  I think Echo Show will be super.  Lots of glitches in the beginning I'm sure, but it will work out.  I live in Canada so I can't even get all the features, but still love it.

malliekm

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 01:08:44 am »
I voted 0.  I have absolutely no interest (right now) but I retain the right to change my mind at any point :)  Right now I'm having a hard time remembering to whom I'm talking.  "Alexa, uh no, Echo, I mean Hey Google"  ::)

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 01:47:46 am »
At the present time, I see no redeeming value in this newest gadget for my household, because we have iPads and two sizes of Kindle HD tablets; both about the same vintage of 5+ years old.  The screen of the iPad is light years ahead of the Kindle screens -- think standard definition vs Hi def. 

If I want to see my grandkids 1000+ miles away in real time, we use Facetime on iPad. It works great.  I hardly use the Kindle tablets these days except for an android-only specialized app or two.  All tablets are handy, because you can sit down and hold them like a book; they are very portable.  Seems this cannot be done with the Show. 

iPad apps are the model of app perfection, whereas most all (Android) Kindle apps are not; many are flakey or glitchy.  I am sure the newest iPads have awesome screen displays today, and I presume the Kindle displays have improved as well.  Nevertheless, the price of the Show indicates it will have a so-so (small) screen display.  Like all Amazon gadgets, the Show will be used by Amazon for selling their crap, and who needs more of that?  I will put my new gadget money into a new iPad this year, and not a Show -- that I know!  Enough of this Alexa gadgetry for a while for me, as I have plenty already, with an Echo, 4 Dots and 2 Taps.  For me, the Alexa devices are mostly audio devices, and I do not have a lot of confidence (or uses) for them as video devices, other than the Fire TV.

My suggestion; get a really good tablet if you don't have one, any brand, before plunking down good money on a commercial-playing Show.

joshsimpson79

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 10:55:26 am »
Put me down for no interest at this time.  My three echos are not placed in areas of the house that I need to "look" at them all that much.  I enjoy the new call feature and have used it a few times already.  But I have my ipad or phone if I need to video chat.

coyote

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 01:48:17 pm »
Put me down for no interest at this time.  My three echos are not placed in areas of the house that I need to "look" at them all that much.  I enjoy the new call feature and have used it a few times already.  But I have my ipad or phone if I need to video chat.
Ok, you're a maroon.

I did not want to put you down for not being interested, but you demanded it.  ;D

Personally, I am not pre-ordering. I do plan on eventually getting one, if/when the price drops sufficiently. Remember that the original Echo was $180, and I didn't get mine until the Echo Dot came down to $40.....

mike27oct

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 02:27:06 pm »
Since when does not wanting a product make someone "a maroon"?  Explain.

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 02:31:39 pm »

They were making a play on words regarding "put me down" because it could mean two different things (mark someone down for something, or "put them down" by insulting them). :)
-Paul.

k9kids

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 02:52:18 pm »
I still trying to figure out what a "maroon" Is.  ;D

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2017, 02:56:40 pm »
I still trying to figure out what a "maroon" Is.  ;D

You've never seen a Bugs Bunny cartoon? :)

-Paul.

mike27oct

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 03:12:19 pm »

They were making a play on words regarding "put me down" because it could mean two different things (mark someone down for something, or "put them down" by insulting them). :)

OK, got it.  Poor placement of a "joke".  Only a maroon would do something like that!  :)

joshsimpson79

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 05:26:15 pm »

Well played.  Put me down for appreciating your joke.

OK, got it.  Poor placement of a "joke".  Only a maroon would do something like that!  :)

malliekm

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 05:56:39 pm »
LOL what???  This conversation beats steam cleaning the tile ANY day! Reminds me of coconut macaroons...which reminds me of the coconut ice-cream in the freezer...which reminds me I need a break (and some coconut ice-cream).  Moron, macaroons, maroon.  Whatev ;)

mike27oct

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2017, 07:00:23 pm »
Yea, you got it; "maroon" is just Bugs Bunny's mispronunciation of "moron"!  Bugs has quite a few mispronunciations.  Anyone care to add another one?

(OK, we are definitely off topic by now.  Nevertheless, I still don't want a Show.)