Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Can't register Calling anmd Messaging for alexa with landline.

mtroxell

I'm trying to register my Mom's Alexa for messaging and calling. She is elderly and has had several strokes and I wanted to make sure she could have Alexa contact me in case she fell or couldn't make it to the phone. I can set her Alexa up so it can contact me thru my phone or any of my 5 Echos but I cannot register her Echo/phone so i can contact her thru the Echo because she only has a landline and when the registration process gets to the point where it sends the 6 digit verification code it tries to send to her landline which of course does not work. There should be an alternate registration method such as sending to a secondary phone number or email address. Any ideas on how to solve this?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 08:46:19 am by mtroxell »

Re: Can't register Calling anmd Messaging for alexa with landline.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 02:59:38 pm »
dont know if it will work  but try set call forwarding on the landline to a phone that takes text messages.   if you get the verification message, then you can disable the call forwarding. 

nhbeachguy

Re: Can't register Calling anmd Messaging for alexa with landline.
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 04:50:15 pm »
Did you ever get this resolved? Also, how did you set up your Mom's Echo to call you if you does not have a smart phone? I'm in a similar boat with my older sister... She has an Echo Dot and I'd like to set hers up so she can call me - but she does not have a smart phone (she has a cell phone but no messaging -- just calls).
Thanks,
\Dave