Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Look

jim1590

Echo Look
« on: April 26, 2017, 12:37:31 pm »
https://www.cnet.com/uk/news/amazon-reveals-its-newest-device-the-echo-look/

So is this like a "Mirror Mirror on the wall, tell me how vain I are?"

k9kids

Re: Echo Look
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 02:04:20 pm »
Could be the reason it is only for sale in the U.S. right now. ;D

So it is a full blown Echo with a camera. Now, if it had motion detection it could be useful as a security device. Maybe.

Southern Dad

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 02:37:53 pm »
Oh dang, I just got five Echo Dots and now there's a new model that I will have to consider?

jim1590

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 02:39:32 pm »
As best as I can tell, there are no security camera aspects to this. You are using the vast AI of alexa to tell you if your socks match your shirt.

But dressing up for me is jeans without any holes.

Southern Dad

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 02:43:21 pm »
This could seriously help me in one aspect.  I have trouble telling the difference in blue or black slacks.  It's a bit of color blindness that I have always had.  "Alexa, does this sport jacket go with my slacks?"

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 04:36:21 pm »
Unless it can paint my house and/or find me a sugar daddy, I'll break down & purchase my first cell phone.  Otherwise, I'll stick to my 2nd gen DOT, iMac, MBP & landline phone.....thank you very much.  :P

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 05:34:47 pm »
interesting but not for me at this time.  I would reconsider if it had home security features. 

Offline jwlv

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 10:05:08 pm »
I think this will be a bigger flop than the Amazon Fire Phone.

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2017, 10:14:38 pm »
Well... At first glance I think it's just a more expensive echo... however, I think I'll reserve my opinion until I see more, as it does have the ability to upgrade and evolve a little at least... The camera feature is virtually useless to me, as I am a mechanic with no social life other than with my wife and online... so fashion means very little to me. But as some mention... make some changes in what the camera can be used for or it's applications... then maybe it could be a worthy purchase.

Physically I'm having a hard time seeing how the microphones will be the same and it will definitely need to be placed at a wall, and not in the center of any room... But I also know my 2 echoes are almost against walls anyway, due to arrangement of furniture and electrical outlets.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

malliekm

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2017, 11:09:29 pm »
https://www.cnet.com/uk/news/amazon-reveals-its-newest-device-the-echo-look/

So is this like a "Mirror Mirror on the wall, tell me how vain I are?"

That's what I have a husband for😊

iolinux333

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2017, 11:34:20 pm »
It looks creepy. Also it IS creepy. I just don't see this making it. I think the three letters are getting ahead of themselves. Hey guys, ya have to slip this stuff into our lives a bit more slowly lol!!!

Offline jwlv

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2017, 01:32:13 am »
$199.99 for the Echo Look? Are they kidding? Even if this was priced the same as the Echo Dot ($49.99) I'd still prefer to get the Echo Dot. 

Maybe the name of the product should be "Echo Look I'm Out of My Mind!"

joshsimpson79

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2017, 12:16:25 pm »
I requested an invitation.  If I don't like it, I'll sell it and probably get back what I paid for it.  The echo lineup has been good so far.  We'll see how this one goes.

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2017, 07:00:54 am »
$199.99 for the Echo Look? Are they kidding? Even if this was priced the same as the Echo Dot ($49.99) I'd still prefer to get the Echo Dot. 

Maybe the name of the product should be "Echo Look I'm Out of My Mind!"

I think Amazon is trying to push echo into female market

jim1590

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2017, 03:58:29 pm »
I think Amazon is trying to push echo into female market

Alexa does not listen to my wife half the time anyways, it may be fun to watch the love hate relationship evolve