Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

WTF.... Push notification?????

Offline smeg

WTF.... Push notification?????
« on: April 22, 2017, 08:00:43 pm »
Just a heads-up. Out of the complete blue my dot just said....... "Your amazon dot just received an update and needs to restart. It will be available in a few minutes."

Re: WTF.... Push notification?????
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 11:05:26 am »
Just curious, was your Dot doing anything else when this happened. Do you know what the update ver was? I've never seen this happen and as far as I know I've never received any updates.

Offline smeg

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 08:29:18 pm »
I was sittin' reading a book. No noise in house except for the dogs snoring lol.

I don't "think" it has happened before but could be wrong.

Device Software Version.... 575215620, don't recall last version number.

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 08:47:30 pm »
Yeah, my device software is definitely older than that. Hope she don't start jabbering about an update in the middle of the night. We live way out in the sticks and I tend to get trigger happy when I hear voices in the night. lol

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 07:22:13 pm »
Is the Software update on a 1st Gen Dot? or 2nd? It would make some sense that the software version is what you listed (at least by numerical order) is on a late model unit, but could still be different Locality, as Mine is a late model USA version and the version software is 571207720. No updates as of yet.
My Alexa environment includes :
1 Full Sized Echo
3 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 Echo Dot 3rd gen, One with Clock
1 Echo Spot
Several Hue Lights with a single bridge
5 Fire Tablets (1 as a control panel in Kitchen)
One Ring Doorbell Pro
Also 4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Offline smeg

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 07:28:06 pm »
2nd Gen