Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Does the Tap have bluetooth out capability?

Does the Tap have bluetooth out capability?
« on: April 22, 2017, 11:38:51 am »
I know the Tap can receive bluetooth in from another wireless device to play music from the tap speaker but can it also send bluetooth out to a different speaker (like the Dot can and now even the Echo)?

mike27oct

Re: Does the Tap have bluetooth out capability?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 06:01:47 pm »
Don't really think so, because that was not mentioned when the announcement regarding Echo and Dot was made.  Anyway, it is unnecessary -- just connect directly to a BT speaker if that is what one wants to do.

Idea!:  If you have a Tap, then try it and report back if it did or did not work.

iolinux333

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 08:11:12 pm »
It does not.  Just tested. Awesome that the Echo can now. It used to not be able to.

I hope they add this to Tap soon. I also hope they add change wake word and turn off the stupid beep in hands free mode too soon. There's no reason Tap shouldn't be as full featured as Echo and Dot.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 09:24:44 pm by iolinux333 »

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 01:10:04 pm »
Thanks guys.  I was tninking of using the Tap n my Bedroom (better sound than the dot) and having it connect to the stereo system in my Master Bath so I would hear in through that system when in the bathroom.  Since it doesnt send out Bluetooth (at least yet) it isnt a good option and Ill likely stick with adding another Echo.  Too bad since I like the portability aspect of the Tap as well as the cheaper price!

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 01:49:40 pm »
So do what I do. . . . I take a Tap into the bathroom sometimes!

iolinux333

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 05:45:29 pm »
I would definitely buy a waterproof version of Alexa for my bathroom if one existed.

mike27oct

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 05:54:43 pm »
I don't get mine wet!  You can always slip a plastic long and narrow newspaper bag over the Tap or cover any device or BT speaker.

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 02:51:11 pm »
So do what I do. . . . I take a Tap into the bathroom sometimes!

Sure, could do that.  Or preferrably, with a simple voice command, switch the output over to my higher end in room sound system that is already in the bathroom without carrying anything around. 

mike27oct

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 03:20:33 pm »
A high end BATHROOM sound system.  Egads, what's next?  ;)