Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Who Uses the Mastermind Skill?

malliekm

Who Uses the Mastermind Skill?
« on: March 28, 2017, 09:42:42 pm »
I downloaded the app on my phone and set up the skill a couple of weeks ago.  It's in beta right now and there is a waitlist of two weeks, OR you can pay $15 to use it immediately.  I was in no hurry.  Pretty darn slick! :)  It runs on/integrates with your phone, your tv, your computer and of course Alexa.  It makes and receives calls.  Reads/sends emails and text and calendar events in the car as well as at home.  Somewhere I think I read that you'll have to pay for the service when they're up and running, but I can't find that right now.  I recorded an audio of it reading my status update but Photobucket doesn't do mp4s.  Here is a Youtube video of the developer showing how it works in every day life.  It also works on Google Home.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGgNa4OYARc

malliekm

Re: Who Uses the Mastermind Skill?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 02:10:09 pm »
When I woke up this morning I said, "Alexa, ask Mastermind to read my status update".  It told me my battery level, my messages (email and text), temperature and notifications.  Easier than trying to focus with blurry morning eyes! :)  Last night my phone was in the bedroom and I was in the kitchen.  I heard my email notification.  I said, "Alexa, ask Mastermind 'what was that?'.  Alexa read my new incoming email.  I'm liking this skill!!! 
Here is a list of commands:

Mastermind Commands for Text Messaging, Notifications, Phone Calls and more on Alexa

Most popular

Alexa Ask Mastermind to Send Message
    Alexa Ask Mastermind to Get My Notifications
    Alexa Ask Mastermind to Ring My Phone
    Alexa Ask Mastermind What Was that?
    Alexa Ask Mastermind to Send Message to First Last
    Alexa Ask Mastermind for Help
    Alexa Ask Mastermind to Get My Messages
    Alexa Ask Mastermind to Make Phonecall
    Alexa Ask Mastermind to Call Firstname Lastname
    Alexa Ask Mastermind to Get My Status Update
    Alexa Ask Mastermind Who’s Calling?
    Alexa Ask Mastermind to Start Casting
    Alexa Ask Mastermind How Much Battery Do I Have? (Android 6.0+)
    Alexa Ask Mastermind For My Battery Status (Android 6.0+)
    Alexa Ask Mastermind to Turn on Do Not Disturb (Android 6.0+)
    Alexa Ask Mastermind to Lookup Contact

Other commands

Alexa Ask Mastermind to Clear My Notifications
    Alexa Ask Mastermind to End Call
    Alexa Ask Mastermind to Accept Call
    Alexa Ask Mastermind to Reject Call
    Alexa Ask Mastermind to Send Call to Voicemail
    Alexa Ask Mastermind to Get My Calendar
    Alexa Ask Mastermind to Get My Schedule
    Alexa Ask Mastermind to Get My Reading List
    Alexa Ask Mastermind to Clear My Reading List
    Alexa Ask Mastermind to Stop Casting
    Alexa Ask Mastermind to Start Navigation
    Alexa Ask Mastermind to Start AppName
    Alexa Ask Mastermind to Launch AppName
    Alexa Ask Mastermind to Get My Battery Status (Android 6.0+)
    Alexa Ask Mastermind to Get My App Usage (Android 6.0+)
    Alexa Ask Mastermind to Get My Network Usage (Android 6.0+)
    Alexa Ask Mastermind to Turn on Bluetooth
    Alexa Ask Mastermind to Turn on WiFi

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 02:20:59 pm »
Interesting.  That's a pretty nice skill if you have a smartphone.  However, I never owned a cell phone.  Have no reason too.  Besides, I am not into "paying" for skills.  :P

malliekm

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 03:18:05 pm »
Interesting.  That's a pretty nice skill if you have a smartphone.  However, I never owned a cell phone.  Have no reason too.  Besides, I am not into "paying" for skills.  :P

Well yeah, a smart phone is part of the equation for this skill.  I'm not into paying for a skill either but if it's a one time fee and not too spendy, I'm into it for this one :)  No smartphone?  :o  I'd have to cancel my life and business without a smartphone  ;)  And that's something I NEVER expected to hear myself say!

coyote

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 04:13:45 pm »
I don't pay for apps/skills either... unless they are valuable. For example, I pay for Tasker as well as the Joao AutoApps that make Tasker into an amazing automation tool. But right now I have google voice hangouts for texting/voice calls. It has an Alexa skill that allows me to send/listen to emails and texts. Alexa calendar and lists integrate with other things such as outlook, google calendar and Todoist. Etc. So most of what you will pay for with mastermind, I already have.

fstbusa

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 08:20:05 am »
I had never heard of this skill but signed up for the beta.  I'd be curious to what the cost of this will be.  I could see it being helpful.  I did notice that an IOS app isn't available currently.  I have an android tablet to test it on but not a phone.

malliekm

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 12:58:08 pm »
I had never heard of this skill but signed up for the beta.  I'd be curious to what the cost of this will be.  I could see it being helpful.  I did notice that an IOS app isn't available currently.  I have an android tablet to test it on but not a phone.

I just found this on their website.  It's not a firm price, but you might consider paying the $15 to get into the closed beta testing right now instead of waiting.  I might have done that myself if I'd seen this in the beginning.  I said I wouldn't pay for the skill unless it was just a one time charge, but, I may change my mind.  As a woman I can do that, right? ;)

Brenda February 24, 2017

Hi mastermind
I think I am going to enjoy this app as a disabled customer.
I have gone on to the waiting list.
What I would like to ask
I noticed that if you payed for that app your first year is free.
My question is if your on the waiting list how much would it cost for the first year.

Hi Brenda,

Indeed, if you pay the $15 you will get the first year of Mastermind for free once we finish our closed beta.

We have not yet locked down pricing but promise our users that this is going to be an absolutely affordable option for most everybody. The current annual price we are considering is somewhere between US $20 and $25 (per year) in order to cover our costs and ensure continued development and support for the Mastermind Bots. This will be for unlimited texts, unlimited phone calls, unlimited casting of photos to Chromecast and unlimited app notifications. We hope that those beta users who we let in for free will consider upgrading to the annual subscription after the closed beta ends in a few months.

Hope this answers your question. We would love to have you on board whether as a beta tester or an instant-access user.

Best,

Nik Bhattacharya
co founder of Mastermind

sazkthepunisher

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 01:08:52 pm »
When can India get the feature?? Any Idea!!!