Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

pogues-basics-make-amazon-echo-tell-you-when-its-transmitting

malliekm

Re: pogues-basics-make-amazon-echo-tell-you-when-its-transmitting
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 05:55:32 pm »
I already do this but it was so I'd know Alexa heard me when I have my back to her or in another room.  However, I don't think that proves that she is not or can't record prior to her name being said.

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 08:47:21 pm »
you can ask the Echo to beep before and after it transmits anything
I've been using that setting since day one.

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 05:01:14 am »
I already do this but it was so I'd know Alexa heard me when I have my back to her or in another room.  However, I don't think that proves that she is not or can't record prior to her name being said.

Yea, I was just helping out newbies and as a reminder.  It just may indicate she is recording because each time she blurts out without provacation of her name, etc, she lights her rings.

Anyone who thinks she is "spying" on us, in any way ought to unplug the darn thing and sell it on eBay!  Conspiracy theories on many topics abound, and this is just another one.

iolinux333

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 09:47:18 am »

Yea, I was just helping out newbies and as a reminder.  It just may indicate she is recording because each time she blurts out without provacation of her name, etc, she lights her rings.

Anyone who thinks she is "spying" on us, in any way ought to unplug the darn thing and sell it on eBay!  Conspiracy theories on many topics abound, and this is just another one.

😂 of course it's spying on us. So is everything these days, especially phones, millions of cameras outdoors, our cars, computers, employers... what else is new?

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 12:54:29 pm »
Believe what you want to believe.  Like I said, conspiracy theories are everywhere.  (like security cameras are.)  So, get rid of these devices if it concerns you.

malliekm

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 05:47:41 pm »
It concerns me but I think I'll keep my Dots, phones, computers, Internet (and satellite internet service) tvs (and satellite tv), cameras and car.  I'll continue to leave an electronic paper trail everywhere I go by using debit and credit cards.  I'll continue to shop for items even tho I know some of the store shelves and even the products have tiny cameras on/in them.  I'll continue to keep locations services on my phone so if in an emergency my family can find me (Life360 app) even tho I know it can be an invasion of my privacy by others.  I'll just continue to obey the law and not do anything nefarious because a cave dwelling lifestyle would totally be out of my comfort zone!  And that's about the only way to escape Big Brother...for now...maybe!  But, it DOES concern me ;)

mike27oct

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 06:56:44 pm »
I will continue as well; just less concerned/paranoid about the whole thing.