Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

How to play 98 Degrees music

CChamp

How to play 98 Degrees music
« on: March 16, 2017, 10:10:17 pm »
Hi all, I just ran into a snag today and was hoping you can help. I am trying to play all music by 98 Degrees from my Amazon Unlimited account thru my dot. 98 Degrees has 6 albums and echo will play them individually if asked but when saying "Alexa, play 98 Degrees" she responds "Can't Find Any". Can anyone figure out a way other than making a playlist (I have to many of those already). Thanks in advance CC

mike27oct

Re: How to play 98 Degrees music
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 11:00:19 pm »
Try saying "shuffle music (or albums, songs) by 98 Degrees" as you would do for well known artists like Frank Sinatra.

CChamp

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 11:48:24 pm »
Nope, tried  all three of the suggestions and Alexa said "I can't find any songs by 98 Degrees". If you say "Play best of 98 Degrees", she will say "playing best of 98 Degrees". Strange

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 01:44:25 am »
Other suggestion:  Buy the CD or downloads from Amazon.  Seriously, this is one area where Alexa may not be quite ready for Prime Time.  You can also try doing this on your PC at Amazon Music and then bluetooth it to Alexa.

k9kids

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 08:54:11 am »
Found two albums on Amazon Music. Microphone and 2.0.

Once I added  them to My Music library  I was able to play them on any device just by asking to play music by 98 Degrees. Before that she couldn't find any music. I didn't have to create a playlist.

CChamp

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 03:17:36 pm »
This get stranger all the time. I already have all their albums in my Amazon music. I went there just to verify that and I do already. Didn't do any thing else. Figured "What the heck" so I said "Alexa, play 98 Degrees" She said "Shuffling 98 Degrees music", and proceeded to play their songs. Go figure! Thanks k9kids for getting me to go back to my account, maybe that rattled something loose and now it seems to work fine.  :o