Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Searching Amazon Music Unlimited within Alexa app

up_north

Searching Amazon Music Unlimited within Alexa app
« on: March 13, 2017, 06:32:39 pm »
Hi all

Great forum - my first post.

We've just bought an Echo and taken out a subscription to Amazon Music Unlimited.

For the most part the voice recognition works just great. But sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it's useful to find what you want to play from a list. Within the Alexa app under Music & Books I can do a full easy search of 'My Music Libray' and search by artist, album, song etc. But I don't seem to be able to do this type of search for 'Amazon Music'. The only thing that comes remotely close is Artists A-Z under 'Stations' but even that doesn't let you jump straight to a particular letter; you just have to scroll through the entire list.

Am I missing something obvious? The standalone Amazon Music app does let me do a full search but I'd have to use Bluetooth to play from that app and I'd prefer to stay in the Alexa app.

Thank you.

Ian

k9kids

Re: Searching Amazon Music Unlimited within Alexa app
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 09:05:54 pm »
Voice control is what an Echo is all about.

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 11:23:03 pm »

rce

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 02:50:34 pm »
Hi all

Great forum - my first post.

We've just bought an Echo and taken out a subscription to Amazon Music Unlimited.

For the most part the voice recognition works just great. But sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it's useful to find what you want to play from a list. Within the Alexa app under Music & Books I can do a full easy search of 'My Music Libray' and search by artist, album, song etc. But I don't seem to be able to do this type of search for 'Amazon Music'. The only thing that comes remotely close is Artists A-Z under 'Stations' but even that doesn't let you jump straight to a particular letter; you just have to scroll through the entire list.

Am I missing something obvious? The standalone Amazon Music app does let me do a full search but I'd have to use Bluetooth to play from that app and I'd prefer to stay in the Alexa app.

Thank you.

Ian

rce

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 03:03:26 pm »
Alexa app is not well designed to play Unlimited for Echo plan music as it does not have search capability across entire music catalogue.   The Amazon Music app - when you go to the Store - now adds an Echo icon next to albums and songs that are playable on the Echo.   The Store does enable search.  However, you apparently cannot add these selections to your music library which would enable you to activate Alexa via the Alexa app.  You must use voice activation in order to play Unlimited Music for Echo music.   Which seems odd since the Alexa app is designed as an alternative way to control the Echo.   I understand the limitation of one device for this music plan but I do not see the reason for the Alexa app limitations.