Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon Alexa did not update to daylight svings time

TomWinslow

Amazon Alexa did not update to daylight svings time
« on: March 12, 2017, 11:04:15 am »
Alexa will not update to daylight savings time. I restarted the device. No luck. All other systems updated OK. What's up?

Re: Amazon Alexa did not update to daylight svings time
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 11:24:18 am »
You have your settings off a little somewhere... Make sure you have your time zone correct (If in US, use "US" setting... central, pacific, or whatever zone you're in... It corrects itself at that point.

DO NOT USE  the setting of "America" if in the US... it doesn't adjust for DST

« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 11:25:50 am by scottrods »
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

restamp

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 04:38:58 pm »
My echo dot *did* update for DST, but it still got my test wakeup time wrong this morning.

Before the time shift last night I told one of my dots "Wake me in 11 hours".  I told another "Wake me at noon".  The first correctly alarmed exactly 11 physical hours (660 minutes) later.  But the second did not sound the wakeup alarm until 1 PM EDT.  Looks to me like Amazon needs to make Alexa aware of the implications of DST transitions on her wakeup alarms.

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 06:16:04 pm »
To those of you with "time change issues".  Your time zone settinss are not "a little off" they are not set correctly.  Go into settings for each Alexa device and correct it to US and your time zone (and stop blaming others for your error).  There are quite a few similar posts about this; see if you find the other ones.

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 10:03:05 pm »
I guess mine was set correctly as my DOT gave me the correct time when I tested it 1 hour after DLS took effect.

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 11:02:31 pm »
Great,  I believe most of us had that outcome.

malliekm

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 11:42:47 pm »
If you are in the Central or (I think) Mountain time zones, Alexa had a glitch with the time change.  I was nearly late for my own surprise birthday party thanks to Alexa :o  There was a note on my phone in the Alexa app stating these time zones were affected.  It was around noon, Central time, before the time was corrected.  So no, it wasn't your settings (or your fault). 

CChamp

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 12:18:51 am »
If you are in the Central or (I think) Mountain time zones, Alexa had a glitch with the time change.  I was nearly late for my own surprise birthday party thanks to Alexa :o  There was a note on my phone in the Alexa app stating these time zones were affected.  It was around noon, Central time, before the time was corrected.  So no, it wasn't your settings (or your fault).

+1

mike27oct

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 12:24:50 am »
Hi, firstly Monica, I left you a PM last night, so please check.

I can't confirm or deny that Central time zone had an Amazon issue.  I can say, I am in Pacific zone, and all went well at exactly 3am, because I was still awake and busy on PC when saw my devices had all changed from 1:59 am to 3am immediately; my cell phone, computer clock, and Alexa devices were all on the money.  (My atomic clocks have issues I have not adjusted recently, so they still have them. Bad reception with atomic clock's mother ship in Colorado, but that is another story I can fix.)

It is a fact that people who did not have their location at US and time zone correct in their Alexa devices did get slammed.  We heard from some today here, as there were quite a few separate posts (and confessions) this morning.