Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Control Music on Echo from Phone - Spotify vs. AMU

brewpat

Control Music on Echo from Phone - Spotify vs. AMU
« on: March 08, 2017, 12:38:56 pm »
So I'm a spotify subscriber but am trying out Amazon Music Unlimited. I kinda like the gui for AMU a bit better than spotify and the music selection is nearly identical.

The major issue I'm having at the moment is that with spotify, when I asked my echo to play whatever music, I could then open the spotify app and it would show me what was playing on the echo. I could then jump around as desired through the app itself.

Sadly, ironically, it appears as this is not possible with the AMU app. I tell echo to play something, it does, and when I open the AMU app there appears to be no option to interact with the music playing on the echo.

Am I missing something or is it really true that spotify is more engaging and compatible with the echo than amazon's own music app?!?

Thanks!

Beetle-Snake

Re: Control Music on Echo from Phone - Spotify vs. AMU
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 01:50:40 pm »
I have tried to do this also but doesnt seem possible at this time. I read yesterday their is a major update coming soon with increased integration between the app and the device so hopefully a 'fix' will be applied soon

k9kids

Re: Control Music on Echo from Phone - Spotify vs. AMU
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 05:24:47 pm »

When using  the Amazon Music app, if you play a playlist, you can see all songs in queue within the playlist and maneuver between songs.

See country playlist pic.

If using the Alexa app to play music by the Rolling Stones for example, you can open the Alexa app and see all songs in queue for your selection. You can also maneuver between songs.

See Rolling Stones playlist pic.

Hope this helps a bit.