Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

My Echo stopped playing any music.

kebroken

My Echo stopped playing any music.
« on: February 28, 2017, 02:58:04 pm »
My Echo stopped playing any music.  It says it is having difficulty playing music.

joshsimpson79

Re: My Echo stopped playing any music.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 03:00:54 pm »
You're not the only one.  Both of my Echos at lunch had the problem, so it must be on amazon's end.  Netflix and other things worked fine.  Hopefully it's fixed soon.

joshsimpson79

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 03:47:36 pm »
Possibly related news:  http://www.chicagotribune.com/bluesky/originals/ct-amazon-web-services-down-bsi-20170228-story.html

Thanks for the article.  Mine just started working again.  I was starting to get the shakes, ;)  It's sad how much I now rely on cloud based music these days.

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 03:53:18 pm »
People, before firing off posts like this, just remember the internet is not perfect, and give it an hour to see it it comes back!

joshsimpson79

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 11:04:28 pm »
People, before firing off posts like this, just remember the internet is not perfect, and give it an hour to see it it comes back!

I don't think anyone said anything nasty or rude. One person just had a problem, and I said they weren't the only one. I made a joke about getting the shakes from not having my tunes and that was it. I don't know what "posts like this" is supposed to mean. Anyway, it all appears to be fixed now.

malliekm

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 12:07:40 am »
Wasn't just music either.  I was over at mom's today and asked Alexa to enable TrackR (for her phone).  Alexa was having a hard time understanding and said to try later.  Tried several times.  I understand it could be a glitch on Amazon's side but mom and dad wouldn't be as forgiving  ::)

mike27oct

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 04:41:48 am »

I don't think anyone said anything nasty or rude. One person just had a problem, and I said they weren't the only one. I made a joke about getting the shakes from not having my tunes and that was it. I don't know what "posts like this" is supposed to mean. Anyway, it all appears to be fixed now.

No, but there were a few posts about the same issue; it's like nobody looks at posts before they post (the same thing).  Just everyone have a little patience and wait to see if things improve.  Don't Panic; these things get fixed within an hour most of the time.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 06:04:22 am »
In case you missed the news yesterday, a large portion of Amazon S3 servers went offline and caused disruptions for hundreds of thousands of websites. This includes Amazon's own websites and Alexa service. 

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/02/amazon-cloud-sputters-for-hours-and-a-boatload-of-websites-go-offline/
Or Google Amazon s3 offline and you'll see all the news sites reporting the same thing.

mike27oct

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2017, 02:33:35 pm »
Yep, in many ways the internet is not quite ready for prime time as much as the electric grid and wired phone service.  A main reason I refuse to give up a wired phone line even if it costs more to keep it.  Just be glad it was Echo devices that flubbed yesterday; it could have been much worse.