Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo In Humidity

CChamp

Echo In Humidity
« on: February 18, 2017, 01:52:14 pm »
I would like to put a Dot in my bathroom so my wife can listen to music while she take a bath. I like hot steamy showers. Does anyone know if the steam would hurt the echo? Thanks in advance

mike27oct

Re: Echo In Humidity
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 02:20:32 pm »
Cover it with a tissue while in shower.  That's what I would do for BT speaker, Dot, Tap, etc.

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 08:11:57 pm »
I would like to put a Dot in my bathroom so my wife can listen to music while she take a bath. I like hot steamy showers. Does anyone know if the steam would hurt the echo? Thanks in advance
Purchase a small BT speaker to use in the bathroom.

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 09:27:47 pm »
Then again, there is the shower AM/FM radio with a hooked shaped end that hooks on most anything in shower.  :D  Last check it cost $10 at Bed, Bath and Bubbles.  (Bring your 20% discount coupon with you that came in the mail recently.)

malliekm

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 11:35:35 pm »
Uh oh, I didn't consider the possibility of steam hurting my Dot...duh!  I don't know how much steam is too much.  I don't shower but I do have an air jetted tub and that creates a lot of steam but I also have a really really good exhaust fan that can keep the air clear.  And I only use the air jets about once a week.  Dot is on the other side of the bathroom from the tub.  About 10 feet.  When I got my Bain Ultra air jetted tub 9 years ago, it came with a set of waterproof, wireless headphones.  So nice to be able hear the music can cancel out the roar of the jets.

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 01:53:49 am »
Unless Dot is too close to steam, I would not worry about it; like I said, drape a tissue over it during inclement humidity.  Anyway, Dots are cheap and easily replaceable.    ;)