Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

amazon dot

john123

amazon dot
« on: February 16, 2017, 02:09:45 pm »
how do i connect 2 dots to 1 tab?help please thanks

mike27oct

Re: amazon dot
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 02:13:00 pm »
What is a "tab"?  Be more specific with your question.

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 03:48:03 pm »
Also, what troubleshooting have you tried to date?  Need this info to avoid the "been there done that" scenario.

Thank you

malliekm

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 06:30:01 pm »
What is a "tab"?  Be more specific with your question.

Tablet
How does a Dot connect to a tablet or computer or laptop?  Do you mean as a speaker?

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 07:41:01 pm »
Not so sure he meant tablet. A fairly cryptic message.  Anyway, no Alexa gadgets connect to tablets, computers etc, to play through them except via BT, or the the Alexa app within them connect to echo devices via the software to control them.

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 07:52:58 pm »
@ Mike
Anyway, no Alexa gadgets connect to tablets, computers etc, to play through them except via BT
My DOT 2nd generation plays just fine w/o using BT.   I only enable BT when I want to use my BT speakers.  I use the browser Alexa App.  I also have a router which I am assuming the DOT is using when my computer is shut down-off.

mike27oct

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 10:32:24 pm »
AB, maybe you didn't follow my comment -- it could have been said better.

AB>>>  My DOT 2nd generation plays just fine w/o using BT.

No one said a Dot needed BT to play music on the Dot.  To stream to and from Dot (from another AB>>>  I also have a router which I am assuming the DOT is using when my computer is shut down-off.device) needs BT.

Everything related to Dots, etc use the router. That's how a command through the browser gets to the Dot -- thru the router.  Your browser is not communicating directly with the Dot, no more tha a phone or tablet is.  All communications passes through the router.  That's why it is called a router, because it "routes" communications from one point to another.

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 11:36:09 pm »
@ Mike

Got it.  :)

john123

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 04:55:36 pm »
hi sorry to i ment to say samsung tablet have got alexa app on it but cannot connect 2 dots to it any help please if it can be done thanks john

mike27oct

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2017, 07:56:13 pm »
hi sorry to i ment to say samsung tablet have got alexa app on it but cannot connect 2 dots to it any help please if it can be done thanks john

OK, that's understandable.

Do ONE Dot at a time.
Remove and reinstall app on tablet.
Remove power from both Dots.  Wait 5 minutes before plugging one back in.
Now, follow instructions to connect Dot with Alexa app.

If you got it connected, then do the next Dot after it had no power for 5 minutes.