Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Lowes and the Echo Products

Lowes and the Echo Products
« on: February 11, 2017, 09:30:43 pm »
Who has the low down on Echo/Dot and Lowes?
They suddenly had a Big Sale on The Dot and Echo (Echo for $139.00, pretty big discount) at Lowes... So I went to buy an extra Dot and Nowhere in town has them, and the Displays have been removed. Also, Amazon shows everything on backorder as well. Even Best buy locally has none in stock... Is the popularity that big? or is something terribly wrong?

Is Amazon having a problem with production? Did Lowes (Who now has the Google Home devices where the Amazon products were) Ditch their alliance with Amazon, or what? I don't like being screwed around by anyone, and there seems to be no public info as to what the deal is... that pricing at Lowes looks like close out pricing and moving product to disconnect from it... In light of the Google home being displayed prominently now, it looks bad to me. Why?
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Re: Lowes and the Echo Products
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 10:38:41 pm »
I noticed my local lowes is displaying google home now.  as far as the echo backorder, I would have to say it is so popular they cannot keep it in stock. 

Offline jwlv

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 03:47:23 am »
As with most retail stores, product manufacturers pay the retailers for floor space. If Lowes now has Google Home more prominently displayed, especially if the display is at the end cap (the end of an aisle) so that both crossings of the aisle can see the display, then Google must have paid bigger bucks than Amazon for that floor space.

A lot of people don't realize that retail stores are very similar to Google or Bing. Manufacturers bid for product placement. The more prominent the display in a higher foot traffic area of the store, the more they paid for that display.

Ah merchandising... Isn't it wonderful? :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 03:53:56 am by jwlv »

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 11:36:02 am »
I noticed my local lowes is displaying google home now.  as far as the echo backorder, I would have to say it is so popular they cannot keep it in stock.

I hope so... I just got this First Echo about a month ago and had to wait when ordered off Amazon... and I have Prime. My fire Stick Is back ordered as well... I hope all of this is just because it's so popular. I'd hate to have put a lot of money in this stuff to find out it wasn't going to stick around.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 03:55:51 pm »
Gosh, what a bunch of worry-warts in this thread. Things go on and off promotion all the time.  Have you been to a grocery store lately?  The Alexa devices are very popular, and they will be around for quite a while.  Relax everyone.

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 04:46:19 pm »

I hope so... I just got this First Echo about a month ago and had to wait when ordered off Amazon... and I have Prime. My fire Stick Is back ordered as well... I hope all of this is just because it's so popular. I'd hate to have put a lot of money in this stuff to find out it wasn't going to stick around.

echo and firesticks will be around for a long time.  for whatever reason, amazon is always running out of stock.   the risky part will be the devices you purchased to run with the echo  :-)

malliekm

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 04:58:20 pm »
I just called both of my "local-ish" Lowes stores and both said it was just a seasonal item and wouldn't be back in stock.  One store looked for availability in other regional area Lowes and said no one had  any in stock.  I seriously doubt the Echo family is going anywhere in the foreseeable future.

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 05:32:18 pm »
I just called both of my "local-ish" Lowes stores and both said it was just a seasonal item and wouldn't be back in stock.  One store looked for availability in other regional area Lowes and said no one had  any in stock.  I seriously doubt the Echo family is going anywhere in the foreseeable future.

not surprising that lowes had it as an seasonal item.  it appeared just before the christmas season.  it is also no longer available online at lowes either. 

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2017, 08:15:59 pm »
Must be a local thang.  Plenty of Dots (2nd Gen) in my neck of the woods at Bed Bath & Beyond as well as Best Buy.

mike27oct

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2017, 09:14:37 pm »
Many items show up at Xmas time in stores you would not expect them in and then disappear.  All retailers want in on the "next big thing" during the Hollidaze season.  They are no-brainer sales,