Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon dot would it play on just one?

Kjt57

Amazon dot would it play on just one?
« on: February 02, 2017, 05:17:26 pm »
Hi just got an Amazon Dot for the lounge, quite impressed so thinking of getting one for the bedroom. One question,   If I asked Alexander to play my music in the bedroom would it also play on the dot in the lounge? I would only want it to play on one or the other.

Jez

Re: Amazon dot would it play on just one?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 05:26:29 pm »
Hi,
I've got the Echo and two dots around the house, If you ask a question then only the nearest one to you will answer. If you ask Alexa to play music then that will come out of the nearest dot or echo that heard you and not out of the others. If you use a Skill then that would apply to any dot or echo. So you may have a few home automation switches to turn on Garden lights, any dot or echo on the same account will respond to that. Each dot can be connected to a Bluetooth speaker but your dots can't share a Bluetooth speaker they each connect separately.

Jez.

Kjt57

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 05:29:51 pm »
Thanks for the reply. Will go and buy another tomorrow....

Jez

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 05:32:52 pm »
Consider the echo, the quality is incredible compared with the dot. You can use Bluetooth with the dot but there is often a delay in the speakers waking up and you lose the first word or so from Alexa. You can set up a beep in the Alexa app to give a slight pause but the Echo is absolutely brilliant.

Jez.