Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

How can we use Echo in a conference presentation? Change Slides?

DrRob

How can we use Echo in a conference presentation? Change Slides?
« on: February 02, 2017, 03:37:16 pm »
I am national presenter and would love to include Alexa into my presentations. Is it possible for it to change slides in my presentation? How would one set that up?

Jez

Re: How can we use Echo in a conference presentation? Change Slides?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 04:03:08 pm »
Hi Dr Rob,
Sounds like a fun idea.

The easiest way might be to get a home automation switch that when called will simply connect the two wires of a e.g. Powerpoint slide switch together forcing the next slide.

I'm working on an application that could fire off the next slide based on a mixture of commands that you'd set up yourself,

Alexa, When you're ready
Alexa, Next
Alexa, come on love

I've already got Alexa to perform searches across 4 different search engines simultaneously and then drop the results onto 4 separate monitors  e.g. Who is Tom Jones, results in,

Standard google search of 'Tom Jones'
Google image search of 'Tom Jones'
Wikipedia search of 'Tom Jones'
YouTube search of 'Tom Jones'

all within a second or so. Commands also allow for Alexa to trigger applications and quite possibly application 'Powerpoint' slide switches instead of hardware ones.

Video to be released soon. Will try and test of your idea of slide switching too.

Jez.

Offline kevb

Re: How can we use Echo in a conference presentation? Change Slides?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 05:55:12 pm »
This was asked just a couple of days ago- wouldn't it be simpler to use either the voice control on the computer running your presentation, or to just use the current "clicker" (unless, of course, you're unable) For me, having the presenter say "Alexa, next slide" would be like a return to the old days when the presenter had someone at the back of the room running the slide projector. I think Alexa is great, but don't know that this would be the best usage.