Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa firing off webpages and direct PC control without Skills

Jez

Alexa firing off webpages and direct PC control without Skills
« on: February 02, 2017, 02:50:12 pm »
Hi I'm a newbie to the forum but have developed a new application that you install on a PC and it directly enables Alexa to fire off webpages, both on line and on your own internal network as well. As an example, I've built into the application 4 separate browser windows each one is configurable by the user to point to any website anywhere. Tested with,

Google standard search
Google Image search
Bing image slideshow search
YouTube
Wikipedia
Several standalone image slideshows

You speak to Alexa and the application listens for certain words but nothing to do with Skill sets, much easier. e.g. Who is ???, Where is ???, How far is ???? etc. Then up to 4 of the built in browsers will immediately fire off and return results based upon what Alexa was asked.

Then you have 'Commands' as well, you add something to the 'To Do' list and these are interpreted as 'Commands' where the PC could activate it's own house hold gadgets or relays or could fire off different applications.

I am hoping to gauge interest in this by way of 'Likes' or replies. Please do comment, I will soon create a full video showing all of this in action.

Jez.

Alpha Bitch

Re: Alexa firing off webpages and direct PC control without Skills
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 09:00:40 pm »
Care to share the name of this "app" &  where we can download this "app?"

Jez

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 02:40:57 am »
Hi AB,

I'm a programmer to the retail trade and writing something to allow Alexa to integrate with webpages, online and offline simply appealed. I will create a video shortly .... still adding other controls at the moment.

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 04:08:23 am »
I look forward to the video.