Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

I'm surprised this board is not more robust.

coyote

I'm surprised this board is not more robust.
« on: January 31, 2017, 10:42:57 am »
4 million Echo Dots were sold over the past three months. What are all those folks doing with them? Are they just hatching Easter Eggs and ordering Domino's pizza?

malliekm

Re: I'm surprised this board is not more robust.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 07:36:34 pm »
I'm setting timers and alarms.  Adding things to my shopping list and to do list.  Getting daily tech headline news and listening to music and playing Akinator.  Finding my misplaced phone with TrackR, asking Google type questions (she's not the best at this but putting Wikipedia in front of your question helps).  I inquire about the weather and time.  Oh and hear some really great corny jokes :)  I haven't yet delved into the automated home yet.  But, I agree, I figured this forum would be more lively.  The Android Central Echo forum is even slower :o

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 08:57:11 pm »
What are all those folks doing with them?

Posting videos of what they are doing w/their DOTs on YouTube.  :P

Offline kevb

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 07:11:04 am »
For the past couple of months, the majority of posts seem to be from new owners asking questions that have been answered many times instead of searching the forum (can Alexa make a call? I'd like the timer to tell me what it is for, etc.) or users from the UK (or unauthorized countries) asking things that most of us in the U.S. can't answer. The forum seems to pick up most when Amazon introduces truly new things, like IFTTT integration, the Dot, smart home skills, etc. and people come up with and share unique ideas that work. The "What's new with Alexa" updates have gotten a little boring, lately.