Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

How to setup 2 accounts from 2 different Amazon countries on the same Echo

paulbasel

We live in Switzerland and just received our new Echo. My wife has an Amazon account in Germany and I have one in the States. The app is setup on one iPad. We want to be able to switch accounts on that one iPad. However, adding a new household member in the Settings doesn't seem to work. Any ideas on how to do this?

Alpha Bitch

However, adding a new household member in the Settings doesn't seem to work. Any ideas on how to do this?
Care to share exactly what you did?  Did you follow the instructions from Echo's troubleshooting website?  Household Profiles on Alexa Devices

Bryan8718

Re: How to setup 2 accounts from 2 different Amazon countries on the same Echo
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 01:53:59 am »
Hi there,
I’m having the same problem with a US and UK account. I’m trying to create a household using an account from each, but I get an error message saying both accounts need to be in the same country. Surely this can’t be in this day and age?
Would love any tips if possible. Thanks!

asianrocker

Re: How to setup 2 accounts from 2 different Amazon countries on the same Echo
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 09:37:29 am »
I don't think this will ever be possible and for good reason. Security. This echo was primarily made to shop amazon via voice. This home automation was used coz those that bought it first hack the system and Amazon saw the other ca-ching factor of home automation.

You don't like someone from Nigeria who hacked your amazon account to use it with their echo there, no? And ordering everything on your account.