Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Multiple users using voice training

Jamd19

Multiple users using voice training
« on: January 26, 2017, 01:21:38 pm »
Hi,  I've been doing the voice training every once in a while, and was wondering if my wife and son can also do the voice training? Will Alexa be able to learn the way all 3 of us talk or will it confuse her?  Thank you

Alpha Bitch

Re: Multiple users using voice training
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 03:26:29 pm »
All 3 of you will need to take the voice training back to back.  This way Alexa will learn all of the voice intonations.  You may have to do this twice.  As you already know, the voice training takes quite some time if you go through all the questions/statements.

I used the voice training twice just for myself.  However, Alexa had trouble understanding my SO.  So I made the SO take the voice training, I went right behind him w/the voice training.  It's been 2 months now & Alexa currently has no issues w/understanding my SO.

SIDEBAR:  Voice training works best in a quiet room.  No noise in the background what-so-ever.

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 05:19:43 pm »
I disagree about voice training working the best in a quiet room.  you really need the normal everyday noise in order to do voice training.  most of the time you are giving commands when there is noise - not in a quiet room  :-)

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 11:02:49 pm »
I disagree about voice training working the best in a quiet room.  you really need the normal everyday noise in order to do voice training.  most of the time you are giving commands when there is noise - not in a quiet room  :-)
"Different strokes for different folks!"  ;)

The OP can try it both ways if one way does not work.  :P

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 03:00:16 am »
Yep, I'd prefer less noise myself, if I ever felt the need for voice training. Tried it a while when we first got Alexa a couple of years back.  Got bored, and didn't get too far into it.  So, good ol' Alexa just had to cope with my voice and wife's.  Turned out she didn't need any training.