Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

can't get alexa to stay disconnected from bluetooth

Larryf

can't get alexa to stay disconnected from bluetooth
« on: January 20, 2017, 01:05:50 pm »
I have my connected to my stereo receiver via bluetooth. When I ask Alexa to disconnect bluetooth, she does it but 5 or  10 sec. later she reconnects. I don't want my receiver turned on all day and night so I should be able to just use the dot's speaker for all other things than music. According to everything I have read this should not happen!

mike27oct

Re: can't get alexa to stay disconnected from bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 01:53:25 pm »
It appears apparent that the receiver is turning BT back on.  Well, maybe you should turn off the receiver and then tell Alexa to disconnect BT.

Larryf

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 02:28:37 pm »
Thanks, but I tried that before and didn't make any difference.

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 05:56:27 pm »
Perhaps the BT speaker is not really "off".  I have a few Dots and BT speakers and this has not been an issue, maybe because when something is off, it is really OFF.

Offline tthoben

• Greetings from sunny Singapore!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 11:58:26 pm »
It could be your receiver always trying to connect. My echo dot will only connect if I ask it to connect. It can even turn on the receiver when it's off and I ask alexa to connect to Bluetooth. FYI I'm using an onkyo av receiver.
Echo Dot @ SG

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 01:26:08 am »
Yep, I meant BT receiver above, not BT speaker.  There has to be a way to turn off BT of receiver.  Check the user manual for receiver.

Larryf

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 01:31:47 pm »
Solved the problem.  Turns out I needed a NFC enabled bluetooth receiver.  Bought a Homespot NFC enabled BTADP-233. Works like I expected.  I can disconnect Alexa Bluetooth and then reconnect to my receiver at will. Doesn't matter if I turn the Sony amp off or not.