Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Alex supported 3/4 gang dimmers with incandescent bulbs

Alex supported 3/4 gang dimmers with incandescent bulbs
« on: January 15, 2017, 10:18:34 am »
Hi,

I have an existing 3-gang dimmer switch and 4-gang dimmer switch, and would like to control all separately via Alexa and keep dimmable. I also want to keep my incandescent bulbs as I live in a Grade II listed cottage and it would look horrible with the LEDs, plus most of my lighting is picture-lights. To add even more complexity, one of the switches on the 4-gang pulls 400W as it controls 8 old fashioned Edison Style bulbs over a dining table.

I'm been googling for weeks now and can't even figure out if this is possible. The closest I can find is the LightwaveRF 3 and 4 gang switches (http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/lightwaverf-lw240wh-4-gang-210w-light-switch-white-master-switch-n34ll ) but I'm not sure they're compatable with Alexa (LightwaveRF website says yes, but all the product sites don't mention it). 
Also, I don't know if this setup would still support incandescent bulbs.

I should also mention I'm in the UK so would need 240v.
Any advice would be gratefully received.
Thanks. Karen.

Re: Alex supported 3/4 gang dimmers with incandescent bulbs
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 11:44:17 am »
I've got a 1 gang LWRF dimmer that works fine with Alexa.

I'm pretty sure all of their switches are limited to 250W though - what exactly is it about LEDs that stops you using them?
If it's the colour temperature there's some pretty warm (2700K) LED bulbs out there nowadays.