Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Does Alexa work in Ireland with Irish Apps?

samantha.son

Does Alexa work in Ireland with Irish Apps?
« on: January 12, 2017, 07:42:57 am »
Is anyone using this is Ireland?

coyote

Re: Does Alexa work in Ireland with Irish Apps?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 07:58:24 am »
Is anyone using this is Ireland?
I think it only works with the English language ;)

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 08:30:21 am »
I don't think samantha.son was asking about language as much as the location.
So I guess it would depend on the App. Since Amazons Alexa will work as long as you have a internet connection.
However not all hard coded things like getting local weather will work.

strayfish

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 10:32:24 am »
I think Coyote was joking :) That said, I don't know how it's holding up in Glasgow or Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

funkyirishman

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 11:45:09 am »
Been using it for a while and had to change the account to US as could not get Flash Briefing for RTE on .co.uk account

Now cannot get Sky sports on briefing

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 11:49:22 am »
I think Coyote was joking :) That said, I don't know how it's holding up in Glasgow or Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!
That may be, but this was a question from a newbie, and if it was a joke it should have been followed with the fact that it will work there!

coyote

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 11:59:25 am »
That may be, but this was a question from a newbie, and if it was a joke it should have been followed with the fact that it will work there!
Being in America, I had no idea whether it works in Ireland or not. So all I had to offer was the joke.
Btw I was in Ireland last year, and what a gorgeous nation and wonderful people. Now if only they spoke English, and drove on the right side of the road.... :)