Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Already have a smarthome, just got alexa...

JSavi

Already have a smarthome, just got alexa...
« on: January 05, 2017, 12:15:09 pm »
So we have a smarthome enabled through our security sytem - the hub is UltraSync and the app is pretty good.  I can see all my cameras, montior action, doors, and most importantly CONTROL MY LIGHTS.  I wanted the echo so that I could just say - turn on the lights, rather than open the app...  I know #firstworldproblems - well alexa doesn't recognize my hub.  Its a pretty high tech hub too - I had to get the samsung smartthings hub and swap my lights over to it.  Sort of annoying having two apps....  anyone else have this problem - or have a potential solution?  When I get home tonight  I am going to try and have Alexa search for devices without a skill.  But who knows..... Any help is welcome!

Re: Already have a smarthome, just got alexa...
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 12:27:57 pm »
I have several apps but it really does not make any difference once you have everything setup and use voice.   the only time I ever open them is if the echo goes offline and I need to control the lights.  you just need to make sure when you purchase devices and bulbs they are echo compatible. 

DParker

Re: Already have a smarthome, just got alexa...
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 12:35:20 pm »
It appears that at least one SmartThings user has somehow managed to get his ST and UltraSync hubs talking in some manner...

https://community.smartthings.com/t/my-custom-ct100-device-type/25394/106