Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Can I deregister an Amazon acct and register temporarily with another?

Diddlydoo

One member of family has an unlimited music acct. They don't live in house with the Echo. When they go to house with the Echo, can they deregister acct that the echo is currently on and register their acct so that they can play unlimited music or is that too much a hassle? Then when they leave in a couple of days go back to regular Amazon acct without unlimited music?

Would you have to all devices, firestick, dot, etc.? When I derigister, does it deregister all devices?

« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 11:02:56 am by Diddlydoo »

Jerry

Re: Can I deregister an Amazon acct and register temporarily with another?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 11:40:44 pm »
Hello, Just registered here and trying to figure out how to post a message and saw your post. Kinda relates to my problem. I have Amazon "Jam Voice". Set it up on my phone to have it ready for wife for Christmas. Wanted to transfer it to her amazon account, so deregistered from my account. Now, won't let me register to her account, keeps rejecting her account info. Amazon help with phone call was no help. Was working fine before but is dead now. Talk to alexa and just says amazon account not set up. Thats my problem, don't know if same will happen to you. Good luck.

Re: Can I deregister an Amazon acct and register temporarily with another?
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 12:09:49 pm »
there is really no need to deregister any accounts.  you can have multiple accounts and switch as needed

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201628040