Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

I'm looking for one list of nothing but commands.

Diddlydoo

I'm looking for one list of nothing but commands.
« on: January 02, 2017, 03:40:04 pm »
I saw one in this forum and it was great, but I know it can do much more. Is there a longer list maybe that people here and add to and gather information? It seems crazy to me Amazon doesn't have a list of all the commands it is capable of somewhere. I know they have a very short list but no full list.

mike27oct

Re: I'm looking for one list of nothing but commands.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 04:47:00 pm »
Google for:   full list of alexa commands

Lots of good lists

Diddlydoo

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 06:22:56 pm »
Google for:   full list of alexa commands

Lots of good lists

I have. That's what brought me here. If you have a link, please share. Your googling abilities evidently are a lot better than mine. :-)

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 06:26:15 pm »
Have no such list; only Google when I need it.  The lists that Google found appear sufficient.

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 06:32:49 pm »
you are not going to find a list of commands.  you have the commands for the echo, you have the commands for the skills and you have the commands for ifttt.  They change daily so it would be impossible to have a single list. 

Diddlydoo

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 08:04:38 pm »
you are not going to find a list of commands.  you have the commands for the echo, you have the commands for the skills and you have the commands for ifttt.  They change daily so it would be impossible to have a single list.

I don't need a perfect list, just an accumulation of commands that people find that not all people know about. I think it would be great to have a long list that keeps growing thru the days as people find new commands.  What's on the Echo manual is just a few. In fact I've found some that others may not be aware of.  That's what I'm looking for. Sad that so far I can't find anything like that. Maybe I need to start one. I think a lot of people would reference it.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 08:06:20 pm by Diddlydoo »

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 08:08:40 pm »

mike27oct

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 10:16:35 pm »
This list showed up in the Google search.  It shows a lot of lists to keep the OP busy for quite a while.

OP, exactly what else do you need?  Then conduct your own searches!

strayfish

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 04:36:13 am »
The longer this device is out, the greater the number of lists, the overlap of list, the content of lists. My strategy for now is to copy and paste any I find into a document of my own but without references that mean nothing to me such as some popular TV or gaming quotes or characters. But I can't imagine keeping that up for long and I'm certainly not going to be sitting there with a printout! Love My Echo has a newsletter that often lists a few you can collect. Might be worth signing up? http://lovemyecho.com/

Diddlydoo

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2017, 02:04:04 pm »
As of 12/6/16......

The complete list of Alexa commands so far

Thanks. That's a good start. I guess nothing like what I am requesting exists. I will start my own on another website and get people to add to it. I've found some funny requests not yet added to the list. Thanks again.

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2017, 11:17:32 pm »
@ Diddlydoo

You're welcome!