Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Can I play French music?

sharonlundahl

Can I play French music?
« on: January 01, 2017, 01:14:58 pm »
I am new to technical issues and this is my first forum.

I want to ask Alexa to play "French music" or "traditional French music".  How do I do that?

strayfish

Re: Can I play French music?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 01:30:16 pm »
I just asked it to 'play French music' and it delivered Daft Punk, but it couldn't deliver on 'traditional French music'. My guess is you're going to need to load a playlist on your Amazon account (or Spotify) and ask it to 'play French playlist (or whatever you name it) on Amazon/Spotify'. I'm sure someone else will be along soon with more detailed advice but in the meantime, do check out the manual on the Amazon site (if you haven't already) and keep throwing questions at it, it's not going to get bored or hacked off and you're bound to get some hits!

Who Let The Dogs Out

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 01:44:00 pm »
I think you are going to need the name of an artist or band. With my Amazon Prime account, got Alexa to play June Tabor, but of course that is more British folk than French folk music. Or as strayfish points out, add songs to a play list, and play that.

Jon

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 11:00:24 am »
Pandora has a "French Traditional Music" category. Put this on your Pandora list of favorites on your phone or tablet and then ask your Echo to "play French Traditional Music from Pandora".  I do it often and it works fine. It will not play Daft Pink.  By the way, you can do this with the free with advertising version of Pandora, so you don't have to join.  I hope this helps.  JM

Jon

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 02:11:05 pm »
Sharon, sorry. The vocal command should be "Alexa play French traditional radio from Pandora".

DParker

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 02:51:54 pm »
The only French music I know is La Marseillaise and some Edith Piaf tunes.   :)