Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Syncing Google Calendar

Martyjward

Syncing Google Calendar
« on: December 31, 2016, 04:49:12 am »
How regularly does Alexa and Google Calendar sync?  I added an item several hours ago to my google calendar, but Alexa is not seeing it yet.

Is there a command I can use to manually sync.  I have tried sync calendar and sync google calendar, but all she does it tell me my next few events

Coast1613

Re: Syncing Google Calendar
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 11:00:05 pm »
You have to go into Settings
Under Account click on Calendar
Add your Google account

Martyjward

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 02:11:22 am »
Sorry, I don't think I have worded my question as well as I could have.

I have linked my Google calendar & can get Alexa to read them.

What I am having issues with are additional entries on the day, for example if the Mrs asks me to pick up the kids later that day.  I add an entry to my google calendar on my phone, but Alexa can't see it, only the events that were in my calendar first thing in the morning.

Is there any way to force Amazon / Alexa to re- sync and pick up the additional entry?

coyote

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 11:45:11 am »
Linking and syncing seem a bit funky with Alexa. Or is that problem elsewhere?

I previously had linked both any.do and Todoist to Alexa, as I tried both of them out. The problem is that any.do's own syncing is horrendously bad. So I then tried Todoist, which works well. But the lists on Alexa seemed stuck in neverland from a sync standpoint; they would feed fine outbound to Todoist, but Todoist updates were not coming back to Alexa.

The moment I eliminated the any.do link, the sync between Alexa and Todoist worked instantly in both directions.

So I'm not familiar with how your calendar accounts are configured. But you might need to look beyond Alexa for the problem.

EDIT: I just used Roger to test my google calendar sync. I put a new event on for tomorrow, then within five seconds asked Roger (alexa) "What's on my calendar for tomorrow?" And Alexa already knew the event. So clearly, the issue is out there in your calendar accounts somewhere.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 11:50:50 am by coyote »

malliekm

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 03:59:33 pm »
I use Google Calendar every day.  I added an event via the Dot and my phone and desktop computer were updated immediately...then I re-read your post.   I added an event via my phone which listed the event immediately but Alexa couldn't find it.  I looked on the computer and it wasn't posted yet.  I force synced the computer twice to get it to show and then asked Alexa again.  She saw it this time.  Even tho I'm new to Alexa, I've dealt with Google Calendar and syncing enough to know that sometimes it's immediate and sometimes it's not BUT I don't think it's ever taken hours to sync.  Is it the Google servers or a glitch on my end?  I don't know.  I remember once my husband's phone never would sync new entries.  After a bit of research, it turned out that he needed to sign into his Google acct on his phone.  After that, the syncing updated.