Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Intermittent issue turning on TV with Cable via Harmony Hub

Crusinnj

Intermittent issue turning on TV with Cable via Harmony Hub
« on: December 30, 2016, 11:41:15 am »
I noticed at times my cable DVR doesn't come on with the TV as programmed using the Harmony Hub and having my Group setup for TV.  If I then turn on the cable box and tv and all are working and ask Alexa to turn off the tv it shuts both and properly turns them on if I ask it to turn on the TV or Television or specific channel.  So is there a reason or something I'm missing that intermittently prevents a successful command to turn on the TV and Cable via the Hub? 

Offline kevb

Re: Intermittent issue turning on TV with Cable via Harmony Hub
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 03:40:30 pm »
Do you always use the Hub (via Alexa or app) to turn them on or off? If you sometimes use the cable remote or tv remote, then the Hub may be out of sync with the actual device (Hub may think TV is already on when it is off)

Eric_L

Re: Intermittent issue turning on TV with Cable via Harmony Hub
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 09:06:12 am »
how are you turning on the cable and tv absent Alexa?  Are you using the harmony controls, the switch on the device, or their original remotes?  Are there other items that do come on?  (such as an AV receiver)

My first guess is that it is a Harmony problem.  It is also possible that you are using the wrong voice command for Alexa to turn the TV on.   

Definitely need more info.