Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Lots of Echo and Dots sold this Xmas.

mike27oct

Lots of Echo and Dots sold this Xmas.
« on: December 29, 2016, 06:35:52 pm »
Echos and Dots sold out a few days before Xmas, Amazon says it's their best Xmas season ever, and currently, there are "10 Members and 203 Guests are viewing this board."  The number of guests was even higher a few hours ago and has obviously set records for "audience participation" during this season.

Re: Lots of Echo and Dots sold this Xmas.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 06:48:54 pm »
I wonder how well the sales for connected devices that work with the echo did over the holiday. 
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 07:02:46 pm by renegade600 »

Offline jwlv

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 06:55:21 pm »
Echos and Dots sold out a few days before Xmas, Amazon says it's their best Xmas season ever, and currently, there are "10 Members and 203 Guests are viewing this board."  The number of guests was even higher a few hours ago and has obviously set records for "audience participation" during this season.

On Christmas day, when people opened up their gifts and got an Echo (or Dot), the record was set for the highest number of people on this site at one time.

Most Online Ever: 1452 (December 25, 2016, 09:47:08 am)

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 10:44:22 pm »
Congratulations, you have created a monster!   ;)

Ya know. I have been staring at the large empty blue space in the Forum's top of page banner for too long, and it ought not be going to waste, so I suggest this comment be posted in there:

“You can reach Amazon Echo Customer Support by phone directly and toll-free at 1-877-375-9365. They're available from 3 a.m. to 10 p.m. Pacific time, seven days a week.”

jim1590

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 11:36:31 pm »
I wonder how well the sales for connected devices that work with the echo did over the holiday.

Best Buy in my area was sold out of the dot and the Philips hue starter kit. My local Home Depot was sold out as well of the hue starter kit. I think I saw amazon out of stock until 1/6.

Lindg

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 02:58:31 pm »
I bought my wife an Echo for XMas.    Getting it up and running was interesting, but that is behind me.   I have already learned a lot from the folks on the forum.   We need you!

mike27oct

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 08:47:39 pm »
My wife told me she read that the Echos and Dots were THE most popular Xmas gifts of this year.  (What, not the new Google Home?!)

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 11:10:56 pm »
(What, not the new Google Home?!)
Probably because of its limited system requirements:  Android 4.1 & higher, iOS 8.0 & higher.  If you do not have an Android, you are SOL!  :P
GH is not even computer compatible, Mac or PC.